[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey lit anyone read this? I know Gaddis is big around here. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 419MGZRZNHL.jpg (24KB, 294x475px) Image search: [Google]
419MGZRZNHL.jpg
24KB, 294x475px
hey lit anyone read this? I know Gaddis is big around here. I've got The Recognitions but can't find the time to give it my full attention since I'm at college. I'm interested in Agape Agape, I know i's a confessional (maybe in the style of By Night in Chile? that's what drew me to it), and I was wondering if it could be read anytime or if a knowledge of Gaddis' other works make it much more enjoyable.

Additionally, feel free to rec any other confessional/final words books.
>>
>>7619489
Just read it, man. JR is great, you should read that also.
>>
>>7619489
You sound too dull to understand it nor fully appreciate Gaddis' most difficult work.
>>
>>7619493
by it do you mean agape agape or the recognitions? i want to read the recognitions, i just want to have a span of like, three weeks without much to do where i can really delve into it.
>>7619494
why do you say that friend
>>
Help me
>>
>>7619631
Are you saying you can't just read The Recognitions in your spare time?
>>
its extremely reminiscent of Bernhard or Beckett. has little in connection with his other works. makes dozens of erudite references but not to works of fiction, mostly historical and philosophical. you can read it anytime I'd say its his easiest (in b4 hurrdurr its his last and final work therefore his best, JR is by far his most difficult)
>>
>>7620025
I'm saying I'd rather read The Recognitions at a period where I can read it with more spare time. Between school and social life, I don't think I have the time I need to devote to the novel.
>>7620028
Thanks for the insight my man
>>
>>7620028
>its extremely reminiscent of Bernhard or Beckett.
You can't even substantiate that claim
>>
is it good
>>
I'd recommend reading Recognitions first, but it's not a must. It's very different from his others, but brilliant.
>>7620028 is right, at least about Bernhard, whom you should also read if you're looking for biographical/confessionals. The notion of being plagiarized before the fact is an important part of AA, and is partly due to Gaddis discovering Bernhard late in his life.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.