[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I decided to put all the books in my living room into a stack.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 2016-01-24 07.06.13.jpg (2MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-24 07.06.13.jpg
2MB, 2322x4128px
So I decided to put all the books in my living room into a stack. What does /lit/ think of my taste?
>>
Pretty much typical "just got into reading" core. I wish you fucks weren't the average c/lit/poster.

You probably go on /v/, too. How would you feel about people constantly posting threads about how they bought but haven't yet played HL2, Oblivion, and COD4, rate my taste?
>>
It's shit and yet it can only get better
>>
>>7619325
>all the books in my living room
That's it?
>>
We're all college or high school students, most of our opinions are worth jack.
>>
>>7619325
The fact that you can put all your books in one stack is not a good thing.
The books themselves are generally ok for an entry level reader.
>>
Sometimes I really do wish there is a separate /books/ board
I want to talk about how you feel about reading those books. Materialism is not an interest, okay? That's not a good hobby.
>>
>>7619340
Fuckin this man. I cant believe that half of the conversations and recommendations on this board are for shit I read in highschool like 15 years ago.

GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY RECENT PURCHASE

>Catch-22
>Animal Farm
>Lord of the Flies
>Of Mice and Men
>>
>>7619340
>projecting
>>
>>7619582
This, I'm amazed these threads are even allowed.
>>
File: Untitled.png (48KB, 697x891px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
48KB, 697x891px
>>7619695
>>7619340
Thats why I steal all my books.
>>
>>7619715
I buy physical but I usually get them second hand from charity shops and because I don't retain information I read digitally well.
>>
>>7619325
>The Familiar
>all those LMAO WEED books
Gonna assume you picked this image up from reddit
>>
>>7619724
Im the same with regards to the improbability of retaining information i read digitally. I constantly forget words that i have looked up on google but if i look in a dictionary i usually remember it.. What is the term for this modern phenomenon? Im not just stupid, right?
>>
>>7619715
Have you read A Little Life yet, anon?
Sounds p good.
>>
>>7619817
It's retention. You are not retaining the meaning because you can't focus on the things you've read.

My take at least.
>>
>>7619825
No, its huge and supposedly makes you want to killself so I'm working up to it
>>
>>7619872
Sounds comfy.
>>
>>7619877
The people in the trees is about botanists going to shit looking for miracle plants so i might hit that first to see if i like her.

I heard she has the Stephen King problem: Master storyteller, truly shitty prose.
>>
>>7619325
>hunter s Thompson
>pot culture

You seem absolutely dreadful to be around.
>>
>>7619325
Piece of shit asshole, I read those books already.
>>
>>7619608
but when i post a picture of my shelf its all

"do you feel like you fit in yet?
"you fell for the memes"
etc etc

all because i skipped alot of trash and went right for the good stuff
>>
>>7619817
>I constantly forget words that i have looked up on google but if i look in a dictionary i usually remember it

Write them and the definition down.
>>
File: wahey.jpg (49KB, 772x416px) Image search: [Google]
wahey.jpg
49KB, 772x416px
>he can put all his books into one puny stack
>it's all ”I just started reading” tier
>>
>>7620151
>limmy

my nig
>>
>>7619325
reddit af
>>
>>7619325
you're clearly a degenerate. mckenna? thompson? a "DUDE WEED" book?
my suggestion, throw it all out immediately, and read Dickens.
>>
>>7619325
Start with the Greeks.
>>
>>7619715
Oooh Zinky Boys. I've been meaning to read that, Voices from Chernobyl was great.
>>
>>7619325
Archaic Revival is pretty fun, at any rate
>>
>>7619325
Fucking casual
>>
>>7619325
dude weed lmao
>>
>>7620134
It's because by participating in those retarded threads you have already proven yourself an idiot and/or memer.
>>
>>7619325
Nice edition of The old man and the sea...
>>
>>7619325
>tolkien
>pot culture
>the beatles
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>7620134
you went for what they told you to read, you didn't go for the good stuff

dickens, balzac, and george eliot are the good stuff and you never see that posted
>>
>>7619817

My theory is that due to the overwhelming volume of content and information present digitally, whether it be on the Internet or not, causes it to be 'devalued' in my mind.

I.E. Because I know I can read any article or any book for free at any time on the Internet, it has less inherent value than the books and magazines I own and read.

Does that make sense?
>>
>>7620325

We'com a Limmy'shoh.
>>
>>7619325
>The Name of the Wind
Reminder that Gene Wolfe is the only acceptable post-d&d fantasy author.
>>
>>7619325
I really you aren't smugly superior in person or think that you're smart or cultured or anything. Those books are beginner "xD look how enlightened I am Sheeple!" There's virtually nothing of redeemable valuable.

You're also wasting board space with your "r8 my taste" bullshit you faggot. Either come up with something interesting to say about at least one of your books, fuck even a sentence, and try initiating an actua l discussion next time.

And yes I'm fucking mad, famalam. I'm sick of this shit every day all day
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.