[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Last chapter's name is also the book's title

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: spongebob.jpg (10KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob.jpg
10KB, 300x186px
>Last chapter's name is also the book's title
>>
This isn't /v/, fuck off.
>>
Joyce you hack.
>>
>>7616347
thats your biggest problem?
>chapter's name fully describes everything that will be in the chapter(even the twists)
>>
>>7616347
>name of the book is the name of its parts together
>>
File: Wilhelm_Reich.jpg (14KB, 229x346px) Image search: [Google]
Wilhelm_Reich.jpg
14KB, 229x346px
>books are bound and neatly arranged in alphabetic order

who reads like this
>>
>>7616347
>name of the book is ironic once you read the book.
>>
>last page: mc takes a drag on his Marlboro™ brand Marlboro. He sighs, the weight of his past experiences hitting him at the same time as the nicotine. "Well, I guess that's what you'd call...... a [Book's Title]"
>>
File: 344_126064520224[1].jpg (26KB, 250x398px) Image search: [Google]
344_126064520224[1].jpg
26KB, 250x398px
>he really was the Great Gastby
>>
>>7616365
>His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon The Complete Novels of James Joyce.
The biggest hack there ever was.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 300x438px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 300x438px
>I used to think it was possible for an artist to alter the inner life of the culture. Now Mao and his gunmen have taken that territory, which will be perpetuated by his son: Mao II
>>
>>7616347
>and after all, what man could ever be complete without their watch? without it, one would always be In Search Of Lost Time.
>>
>Dahlmann cayó al suelo húmedo de la llanura pampeana, esa llanura donde aún sobrevivían guachos, pero que pronto se extinguirían para dar paso al siglo XX. Herido de un cuchillazo que atravesó fácilmente su costillar izquierdo, cerró los ojos por un instante.
>En ese momento se dió cuenta que seguía en el hospital, y que su sueño no había sido más que puras Ficciones
> J.L.B. 1944
What a total hack
>>
>>7616374
>Chapter XX:
>John tries to kill Nancy but falls out of the window while trying to do so but he survives thanks to a dumpster
>>
>>7616941
more like
>Chapter 4 ends with nancy dead and John starts making a deal with the devil for her resurrection
>Chapter 5 is called "the one where John swindles the devil"

>Chapter 6 John and Nancy are going to a part
>Chapter 7 is called "sidetracked by zombies"
>>
>>7616900
>He estado aquí, encadenado, bajo este árbol por tanto tiempo, que parece un siglo. Estos, realmente fueron cien años de soledad.
>>
>>7616964
kek
>>
>Decime Jorge... Cuál es la primera letra del alfabeto hebreo
>El Aleph
>>
>>7616959
Then why did yoi write "chapter's instead of "chapters' "
>>
>>7616973
Chapter 4 and 6 have different names. thats why names are "" and description is not. my point is that Chapter 4 ends on some kind of cliffhanger but title of Chapter 5 says it will all work out.
>>
>En ese momento, La Maga decidió que era el mejor momento para dejarlo todo y traer de vuelta a su niña interior con quien dedicó su tiempo a jugar Rayuela (ISBN 0-394-75284-8)
>>
>>7616986
>>7616941
>>7616959

what book is this?
>>
>>7617563
the fault in our stars.- James Joyce
>>
>>7616347
>Giving chapters a name other than 'Chapter #'
>>
>>7617573

thanks for that. i read through the posts again and realized that it was purely hypothetical and not a real example. im a little disappointed because it actually sounds like it could be an entertaining novel
>>
>>7617573
huehuehue
>>
>>>/mu/

YOU

FUCKER
>>
>>7617579
but seriously though, do you think chapters without names are better? I'm legitimately interested. Is giving your chapters a name stupid?
>>
File: 1453255990359.png (379KB, 372x492px) Image search: [Google]
1453255990359.png
379KB, 372x492px
>>7616347
>the short story titles are all fragments of a sentence which is put together at the end of the book
>>
>>7616868
best post on this board
>>
>>7616347
I like that.
The fact that you care about something like that enough to open a thread about it is disturbing.
Are you an autist OP?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.