[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today I found A Clockwork Orange in a trash bin and took it with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: a_clockwork_orange.large.jpg (43KB, 310x500px) Image search: [Google]
a_clockwork_orange.large.jpg
43KB, 310x500px
Today I found A Clockwork Orange in a trash bin and took it with me. Should it have stayed there?
>>
Yes.
>>
maybe, define "it"
>>
>>7615094
Yes, you should have stayed in the trash.
>>
>>7615094
You should have eaten from the trash can of ideology.
>>
File: AmZgfj95TB.png (486KB, 989x576px) Image search: [Google]
AmZgfj95TB.png
486KB, 989x576px
>>7615187
>>
>>7615094
>>7615098
>>7615164
>>7615187

what's so bad about this book? I bet not one of you has a single decent argument against it.
>>
>>7615467
People shit on it becaise because it's entry-level, nothing wrong with it tho
>>
>>7615467

It's actually pretty impressive that the book was written in less than three weeks, according to Burgess.
>>
>>7615493
Yup a novel written in a completely nonsensical made up language is definitely entry level

go read the bell jar
>>
>>7615505
Oh stop fussing you goof. It's entry level because it's accessible to people who are new to literature and if you can't see that than you are either trolling or unable to easily read a book that high-schoolers can get through in a day.
>>
Depends. Is it the US version or the UK version,

mate?
>>
>>7615094
Nah, it is a good book for teens.

The idiots love catcher in the rye, the cool kids read a clockwork orange.

But the movie is better.
>>
>>7615505
>the bell jar
top fucking kek
and on the talk of "entry-level"!!
dilettantes, everywhere, my god!!
>>
>>7615512

B-but I love catcher in the rye :^(
>>
>>7615514

>top fucking kek

How's dick sucking camp going lmao
>>
>>7615094
i dont think any book should be. but clockwork orange is a decent book.
>>7615512
the movie is edgy, the book gives some hope. they are opposites.
>>
>>7615524
>>7615514
>>7615512
>>7615511
>>7615508
>>7615505
>>7615494
>>7615493

Should I read the book first or see the movie first?
>>
>>7615524
Well, I read the version without the last chapter when I was 17 (a mistake).
>>
>>7615535
the movie doesn't have the last chapter and is (like says >>7615524) edgy. So, watch the movie first
>>
>>7615524
The book is really silly, though. "Murder and rape were just a phase." Dosteovsky's oeuvre explores the same religious themes much better.
>>
>>7615546
Yeah but it's not that long so if you have it you might as well read it
>>
>>7615535

Its fine either way. Most people watched the movie before reading the book, and they don't seem to have many complaints.
>>
>>7615535
Kubrick is a hack so read the book. The book isn't exactly highbrow so don't expect miracles but at least it isn't fucking Bell Jar tier.
>>
>>7615493
i got the book and didnt read it because i couldnt understand the first page
>>
>>7615549
It's like 1984, Atlas Shrugged, What Must Be Done? (the novel), Animal Farm, and so on. Quaint works for leisure, but highly counterproductive if you mistake them as having substance.
>>
>>7615556
Just google the one's you really want to know, there's a wiki page with all of the slang in it.

There's fun in trying to understand the words from context though and often times you aren't reallt missing out on much.

(personally I found the words a bit of an annoying hindrance but I wouldn't call it a gimmick necessarily because it does add something to feeling/atmosphere)
>>
>>7615554
Some of his work is pretty hacky, Orange included, but 2001 and Barry Lyndon are genius
>>
>>7615561
You'll have to start somewhere with literature and as long as you remain critical I don't see any harm in reading novels like those to get used to understanding themes and meaning. They have their faults, sure, but for an early reader they have plenty to offer.

And later on if you keep reading you'll realise 'oh that was a bit hamfisted and incorrect'
>>
>>7615571
Oh I didn't see Atlas Shrugged in there, fuck that mind-poisoning piece of shit. Orwell and Burgess are fine though.
>>
>>7615561
it's a book made by an adult that tried to understand a teen (a teen that rape his wife) and made for teenagers.

>>7615556
>>7615562
Nadsat is fun.
>>
>>7615578

Hi anon!
I've never read atlas shrugged but have considered picking it up to see what the fuss about ayn rand is about. I promised myself to read it with a neutral perspective and not let any sophistry influence me.

Is it toxic to the extent that one should stay away from it entirely and not give it the courtesy of even a read?
>>
>>7615094
I feel Junot Diaz won the Pulitzer ripping off Burgess. Just a thought.

Read the book, OP and then watch the film. Viddy well brother.
>>
>>7615595
It's only toxic if you're easily impressionable. Otherwise it won't harm you anymore than reading Ian Fleming will make you into a misogynistic fascist.
>>
https://youtu.be/j_K_79O21hk
>>7615187
>>
>>7615505
most of the "non-sensical language" is a mixture of english and russian.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.