[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would people react if the government started banning and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

How would people react if the government started banning and burning certain books?
>>
>>7614664
carefully save those books, copy them, and proliferate them, and ensure that they are seen by new generations.
>>
Horde them, copy, distribute.
And prepare for armed insurrection.
>>
>>7614664
they already do
>>
Memorize them word for word and pass them on to others.
>>
>>7614664
European governments already do and much worse than that.

US is the only place where free speech exists.
In the US you'd probably have a bit of objection, but most would accept it. Depending on what the book is of course.
Would probably make the book more popular just because of the Streisand effect.
>>
>>7614670
>>
>>7614686
All memes aside it's pretty amazing the US is literally the last bastion of free speech. I thought Canada had free speech, but we got a guy who has to go through a 3 year trial over some innocuous tweets.

Part of me buys books because I know one day some of these books will be culled from the literary culture for racism or hate speech. ESPECIALLY older (pre 1970) Canadian history and political texts.
>>
people would react with memes

people would meme
they would meme hard
>>
Way to kill my fucking thread, mods
>>
>>7614704
unironically this
>>
>>7614741
did you post something lewd?
>>
File: 1443371484562.png (390KB, 644x398px) Image search: [Google]
1443371484562.png
390KB, 644x398px
>>7614670
What if it was books you disagree with (religiously/politically)?
>>
>>7614785
I would still preserve them, what kind of person would I be if I didnt let people make up their own minds? I might still speak out against it, but I would actively make it so people can read it if they choose.
>>
>>7614795
Good goy anon
>>
>>7614801
wouldnt the good goys be burning the book alongside their government?
>>
>>7614801
besides, I prefer to argue against the ideas within the book, like an intelligent human being, instead of destroy the idea themselves, and make it so it's a given. It's better to let them learn why it's a bad idea through communication rather than destroying the ideas, which will make people want them more, and more resistant when you try to argue against the idea.
>>
if you tell women you did it for feminism, they'd literally let you flay people alive
>>
>>7614839
Unless you are in Cologne ;^)

Priorities anon
>>
they would probably read those books more frequently to see what the fuss is about
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.