[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://therumpus.net/2015/10/agains t-realism/ Do you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

http://therumpus.net/2015/10/against-realism/

Do you think Hysterical Realism has gone too far? That people writing in the Post-Pynchon/DFW world (e.g. Zadie Smith) are writing needlessly complex novels that pursue absurdity, humor, and irony instead of more traditional storytelling elements. And do you think that this is detrimental to the art of storytelling on the whole? Also, is it thus worthwhile to laud authors like Ferrante, who seem to buck this sentiment with hyper- rather than hysterical-realism?
>>
Short answer: nah.
>>
>>7612762
'real life' in the 21st century is needlessly complex and absurd as fuck. Fictional narratives have become integrated into everyday life, media shapes the course of events instead of simply recording them. If you want to describe the world as it exists today, you gotta deal with these things somehow.
>>
>>7612762
Don't start to view fiction through the lens of these small scale isms. Leave trends and fads where they belong: in blog-o-sphere chatterings and manuscripts tucked under brooklyn apartment air mattresses
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.