[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to read when on acid? Have you done it? If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 2452435243.jpg (60KB, 473x311px) Image search: [Google]
2452435243.jpg
60KB, 473x311px
Is it possible to read when on acid? Have you done it? If so how was it?
>>
>>7611518
I have not done acid, but I would imagine it's nigh impossible.
While I did not try reading, when I took an eighth of shrooms I looked for a documentary and watched about an hour and a half of a movie before I realized it was a completely different movie from the one I originally wanted and it took me that long to figure it out.
The only thing they had in common was the title, and I'd seen the documentary before.

So my guess, is even if you could focus on reading, which I doubt, you probably wouldn't remember it after you came down very well.

But, it could very well be moving or beautiful, I have no idea.

My suggestion is try and read something you've read previously. Just my 2 cents
>>
Once. It was fantastic, but I think it depends on what you're reading.

First I was looking at an illustrated book on different types of horses. There was a brief description of each horse with a picture on the opposite page. I was mostly looking at the pictures and it was nice.

Then I read the entirety of Vonnegut's Timequake in one go. That was amazing, but I think because the book lent itself well to an acid trip. The premise was that the world had suddenly gone back some number of years in time and everything was happening a second time. Everyone was aware that it was the second go-round but couldn't change anything. Everyone was just kind of in a trance until the moment arrived where time had been set back, at which point almost everyone failed to come out of their trance-like state where they were sort of letting everything just happen to them, with disastrous results. It wasn't difficult to follow (like everything Vonnegut) and was pretty "trippy" itself, so that's why I think it was such an enjoyable experience.
>>
>>7611524
ignore this lightweight
ive read on shrooms
>>
>>7611549
Well I am 130 pounds
I was able to act "normal" when my roommate brought his girlfriend over.
Apparently she assumed I was just tired or something.
>>
File: Fear and loathing.png (1MB, 1500x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fear and loathing.png
1MB, 1500x600px
>>7611518
>>
>>7611524
I'm the poster below you, so I can tell you that you are wrong from experience. I was dead in the middle of my trip when I read Timequake, and I remember it very well. This was also well over a year ago. And I was tripping harder than ever before (Not that it's a whole heck of a lot, but I've had somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 trips between LSD, mushrooms, LSA, 2C chemicals, and 25i). In fact I was reading a biography of Virginia Woolf about an hour or so before, and while reading a description of one of her mental breakdowns, I had an experience I can best describe as being something like how I understand astral projection to be, where I sincerely believe I experienced the mental state I was reading about. It was the scariest moments of my life, especially because I was alone, far from anyone else with no way to even contact anyone else, so I had nobody to try to help bring me back. I had been tripping roughly 2-3 times a year up to that point for several years, and haven't had a desire to do so since then.

>>7611561
I'm 120.

How many times have you dosed/how strong of doses?
>>
>>7611574
Just once on shrooms.
It was an eighth.

I've also done a few trips on Benadryl, spooky shit what with seeing spiders everywhere, being tired but not able to sleep, shadow people, jolting in and out of "reality," not fun stuff but I'm a bored guy. Music is ace on it though.

Might just be different personalities. I don't know.
>>
>>7611604
>different personalities

True. Everyone does react differently to these types of substances.
>>
>>7611518
I once double dropped and took 10 minutes to read the back of my beer label. Wouldn't recommend it.
>>
When I tripped mushrooms I rolled down my stairs and acted like I was a lobster.

Pretty embarrassing desu. Just an absurd as fuck experience, couldn't fathom reading while tripping. But maybe if you're a hardened psychonaut, it's possible.

I didn't really like shrooms but to each their own
>>
>not reading Joyce when on drugs

Wew
>>
>>7612015
id recommend reading joyce on acid, or atleast portrait of the artist. microdose acid and reading is the best combination.

trust me
>>
>>7611518

I read the Bhagavad Gita on a mescaline trip. There were moments of profound beauty, but ultimately, reading while tripping is not the most fulfilling use of my time.

I regularly read on microdoses of LSD, and it works brilliantly. If you're interested, you could check out the work of James Fadiman. He collects statements from people who microdose regularly and hear what they have to say about it. It's preliminary, anecdotal and not hard science by a long shot, but it's in accordance with my own experiences.
>>
SOMEONE WITH KNOW HOW COULD MAKE A LOT OF MONEY BY CREATING A YOUTUBE CHANNEL WHERE THEY PLAY GAMES ON ACID AND VARIOUS OTHER DRUGS

THANK ME LATER WHEN YOUR VIDEOS ARE GETTING A MIL VIEWS, ANON
>>
>>7612064
please stop yelling at me dad
>>
>>7612025
>That hellfire sermon
No way bro
>>
>>7612042
thanks m8

will check out
>>
with microdosing yeah, its brilliant
with full on dosing no, its pretty impossible or at least not ideal.
>>
>>7611518
I posted this already a year ago, but what the hell: I tried reading Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch while on acid. 10 miles from home. In a park full of schoolgirls. At night. I managed to convince myself that every single one of them is some kind of agent out to get me, and that I can teleport silently. Combined with immense sensory confusion and dehydration, I almost made a policeman tackle and cuff me, if it weren't for the remains of sanity left in me somehow get me out of it. That's the last time I took acid (~2014).
>>
>>7612389
How does microdosing feel?
>>
>>7612406
Something like a mix between coffee and weed. You focus, have more creative thoughts, and feel very capable. But I mean you don't really FEEL it, like, you don't feel high. When you microdose you don't even want rocks to shimmer or else it's too much
>>
File: 1428517937595.jpg (626KB, 1442x596px) Image search: [Google]
1428517937595.jpg
626KB, 1442x596px
I tried reading the The Freudian Thing, or the Meaning of the Return to Freud in Psychoanalysis essay while tripping on one tab. I was able to read, I just wanted to do other more stimulating things so I didn't get very far.
>>
I read Paradise Lost on acid, I have an illuminated copy with the images the sizes of the original prints. Beautiful thing to read, fragile rays of morning sun coming through the window and lighting the pages up white gold. It was fucking great.
>>
I read the first chapter of the count of monte cristo on acid it was amazing, the imagery is beyond imagination I felt like i was there watching the scene unfold. Very intense. It's what got me to finish the book
>>
>>7612406
it's not as good as taking 2 tabs and reading
>>
Please don't waste a trip reading
>>
I used to take LSD and read an entire dictionary, encyclopedias and thesaurus. My vocabulary increased three gold and I achieved self actualization. 10/10 would recommend.
>>
>>7613027
Paradise Lost is one of my go-to books when I read after smoking weed. even then the visuals i get in my head are almost too intense then. can't imagine what acid would be like. i might have to convert to anglicanism after
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.