[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on this book? also, post other works similiar with this one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (13KB, 182x277px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 182x277px
thoughts on this book?
also, post other works similiar with this one
>>
its good but reddit jerks it too much. humorous and executes well on what it set out to do. funny scenes, memorable moments. not really "literature"
>>
>>7609677
Literally Reddit: the book.
>>
>>7609677
it isn't Lem.
>>
Similar to Terry Pratchett in that its some of the most entertaining "easy read" stuff, with the loudest fanbase of all time proclaiming them to be the best books of all time.
>>
hitchhiker's is good. rest in the series rapidly decline.
>>
>>7609899
>>7609677
Don't bother with Eoin Colfer's (I don't like him enough to google his proper fucking spelling) sequel.
>>
>>7609906
you got it right. i didn't even know this existed. and now that i do i still have no interest in reading fanfic.
>>
>>7609873
More importantly, it isn't Dirk Gently. THOSE are lovely.
>>
It was depressing
>>
Terrible "Le random" storytelling.

Trash book, trash author. Suitable for preteens and manchildren
>>
File: piano neck tie.jpg (44KB, 580x329px) Image search: [Google]
piano neck tie.jpg
44KB, 580x329px
Thank christ you guys don't like it either. I felt like I was taking crazy pills
>>
The first one was kinda nice, because "lelel funny random stuff" worked that time.

He tried to repeat the formula in the other books. 2nd one was meh, 3rd and 4th were painfully unreadable. Didn't bother with the rest.

I don't know what people find so appealing in nonsensical storytelling. It was funny for the first time. That's it.
>>
>>7611063
>nonsensical storytelling
FOR YOU

If ppl cant even understand Adams you should stop reading right noa.

look at all the not so smart ppl

>>7610052
>>7609862
>>
>>7610052
It wasn't nonsensical for the sake of being nonsensical. It was a critique, largely, of bureaucracy.

That being said, I wouldn't call it the best book ever. It got me into reading when I was like nine.
>>
It's terrible,
albeit funny at times.
>>
>>7612008
>critique of bureaucracy
Whatever floats your boat, doesn't change the fact that it's terribly written and "hurrdurr" all the way through
>>
>>7611641
nice bait
>>
File: 1357911105281.jpg (15KB, 393x315px) Image search: [Google]
1357911105281.jpg
15KB, 393x315px
>>7609679
>not really "literature"
>>
There's a book called "knolholet" by swedish author Mikael Niemi that is similar and very inspired by Hitchiker's. Don't think it has an english translation, however. Terrific book, though.
>>
>>7612102
A quick google search and I call tell you it's called Astrotruckers in English, and Svålhålet in Swedish. Knolholet is the Norwegian title.
>>
Dorky trash.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.