[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey lit, I've been on a Latin American binge for the last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: Cesar AIra_select_3856 copy.jpg (2MB, 2400x3600px) Image search: [Google]
Cesar AIra_select_3856 copy.jpg
2MB, 2400x3600px
Hey lit, I've been on a Latin American binge for the last few months, but the only contemporary writer I've found I liked is Cesar Aira and I feel like I'm missing out. Who are the great Latin American writers of the 21st centuy?
>>
>>7604254
Bolano
>>
I am from south america and I have no idea about the books that were published in the last 15 years
>>
>>7604257
Shit biscuits, how'd I forget Roberto?
I have brought shame upon my family.
>>
I really enjoyed Alejandro Zandra's 'Bonsai'. Guy's been called the next Bolano in every other review I've read on him.
>>
>>7604254

>Aira
>21st century

huh?

he started writing in the 70s
>>
>>7604254

I can recommend you contemporary stuff from Argentina if you are interested. I have almost no idea of whats hot in other parts of the region.
>>
>>7604296
Por favor anonimo. Soy >>7604259
Y me aflige no saber nada de la literatura contemporanea
>>
>>7604291
He's still out there doing his thing so i'd still count him
>>
>>7604296
Argentina is like the holy Land of literature to me right now! What's the culture like down there at moment? My knowledge of the country sort of ends with the 60's.
>>
>>7604254
Junot Diaz is the big shit right now right?
>>
>>7604300

no problem, here are some authors that have reputation in some circles, Im not saying I can get behind all of them, but they have some cred.

Andres Neuman
Martin Rejtman
Samanta Schweblin
Selva Almada
Sergio Bizzio (Aira considers Rabia one of the best books of the past 15 years)
Pola Oloixarac (I dont particularly like her)
Daniel Link

This triad is from a generation before the authors above. Already in the canon of Argentine literature.
Juan Jose Saer
Cesar Aira
Ricardo Piglia
>>
My diary tßh fæm
>>
>>7604300
Es mierda prenteciosa hijo, desde los 70s.
No te has perdido de nada.
>>
>>7604339
He's pretty decent, but I'll always think of him as an American writer. I know he was born in the DR but that American sensibility seems to inform much his work.
>>
>>7604341
Se agradece, familia
>>
>>7604385

de nada bb.
>>
For good Colombian contemporary writers look up Carlos Mendoza and Fernando Vallejo.

Don't touch Caicedo even with a 10 foot pole.
>>
>>7604395

I thought Vallejo was considered to be a hack.

also, who is Carlos Mendoza?
>>
>>7604405

Vallejo is hated cause hes very critical of Colombian society and edgy as fuck.

Mendoza wrote a book called Satanas, haven't read the book myself but the movie based on it is IMO the best Colombian movie to date.
>>
>>7604419

you mean, Mario Mendoza.
>>
>>7604419

Oh, I think I could like Vallejo then.
>>
>>7604424

yes, that was a brainfart.
>>
>>7604424
Totally recommend Scorpio City. Best postmodern detective novel I've read.
>>
>>7604435

On it. Thanks alot.
>>
>>7604254
My girlfriend is Colombian, is there any book you'd recommend so that I can catch a glimpse of her culture?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.