[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNY JQaZUDrI I wonder if th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: descarga.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNYJQaZUDrI

I wonder if they'll start with the greeks
>>
>>7602155
Is that John Green?
>>
>>7602155

For some strange reason, I imagine half the Aristotle episode is going to be about how he hates women, and half the Plato episode about how he hates democracy, and half the Neechee episode about how he's a nazi mysogynist anti social nerd.
>>
>>7602155
OH GOD.

It has begun. John Green is going to dumb down philosophy to the point I'll get an aneurysm and die.
>>
>>7602155
Why does he talk that way? Nobody talks like that.
>>
>>7602274
It's "quirky" and test marketers have done research to show that teenage "intellectuals" love this tone of voice and style of humour.
>>
File: 1432432372152.jpg (12KB, 251x222px) Image search: [Google]
1432432372152.jpg
12KB, 251x222px
>>7602166
>"we can't judge people by modern standards"
>"but x and z were horrible racists and sexists which is completely WRONG"
>"they were also WRONG about everything else"
>"now let's discuss the kyriarchy and intersectionality."
Christ, this is gonna blow.

I hope he does an episode on Schopes for keks, though
>>
>>7602160
>>7602258

it's his brother
>>
I actually enjoy this channel. They don't go into too much depth on most things but the history videos are good for learning the basics about a society you don't know much about. I imagine this will be similar, offering an overview of philosophers which will make it easier to know which ones you would like to go deeper into.
>>
>>7602166

>nazi mysogynist anti social nerd.

Can you only begin to imagine his butthurt while discussing Heidegger?
>>
File: uh.jpg (11KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
uh.jpg
11KB, 600x600px
>tfw the thought of teenage girls enthusiastically studying watered-down philosophy blurbs makes me angry
>tfw I just hate fun and women and children and accessibility
>>
>>7602155
I hate normies and how this is the marketing to get people interested in philosophy, bringing forth a new wave of hipsters who don't know shit about what they're talking about but are pretentious as fuck and watch shit videos like these and think they're "so le funneh xD"

Seriously, it doesn't matter at all on making the masses more interested in a subject matter, it's' the mindset in tackling that subject matter. I wish normies would stay the fuck away from this stuff or they will dilute the academia community and turn it even more ridiculous than it's already started to become.
>>
>>7602155
I fucking hate the way he talks. I wish he would fucking die. I fucking hate the Green brother so God damned much. FUCK
>>
>>7602469
It's gonna be exactly like that. At least there are decent philosophy channels on youtube already.
>>
>>7602155
lol. people who get salty about crash course.

who gives a shit? it's designed for high schoolers. it's like how we learn thanksgiving was fun and loving in elementary school but later on realize we accidentally on purpose wiped out all the indians. it's mean to just get them interested so they can learn more on their own or in college. for fucks sake they're only like 10 minutes anyway.
>>
>>7603401
Even worse.
>>
>>7604374
>it's mean to just get them interested so they can learn more on their own or in college

Or they take this as their only source of info and think they're hot shit by spouting out their misinformed opinions on the internet or anywhere else where they will be heard, helping to further the death of philosophy and all rigorous thought.
>>
The philosophical rambling of the author guy in TFIOS was the most embarrassing thing I've ever read in a book. I am excited for how this show will turn out.
>>
>>7602155
>episode on Simone de Beauvoir
>>
>>7602155
And so it begins. Johænnëë GrÊÈneÿ has finally breached lit with the Greeks. ;_;
>>
>>7602315
Wait. Really? Source please. This is horrifying if true.
>>
>>7604571
Nah.
His brother is good, better than John at least.
>>
ITT: People who watch a video meant for teenagers and get mad at it because because it doesn't fit their views.
>>
>>7605774
we wade through hundreds of /pol/ comments here and don't complain, why doesn't someone with a slight liberal bias bother us so much
>>
>>7602155

>like my friend nietzsche here with his ultimately totally meaningless moustache

to think that i even thought about justifying this with a response
>>
>>7605786
>ultimately
the key word. I hope you aren't implying that Nietzsche didn't think that
>>
>>7602166
>half
I think that's a bit optimistic tbqh
>>
>>7602166
Some lecturer I have always argue that plato is more "feminst" then Aristotle because he gave female abilty to think coherently in themselves
And every time its sounds weirder and more silly.
>>
>>7602155
JUST
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.