[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: nob.jpg (36KB, 400x527px) Image search: [Google]
nob.jpg
36KB, 400x527px
Just finished this, thanks for the recommendation /lit/. I guess part of the whole novel's purpose is to what degree you sympathize with the narrator, whether or not he's reliable, etc. I thought it was a great read, although I wasn't crazy about the ending. Discuss?
>>
>>7600088
The whole novel was a commentary on propaganda and media spin.
>>
I like the ending because I took it as the only happy ending is everyone dies I think it's meant to be kind of a guilty 'good.' than an 'aw that's sad'.
>>
>>7600096
Care to elaborate on this? I'm interested.
>>7600106
Yeah, I see your point.
>>
>>7600088
How did you like that Thug Notes episode?
>>
>>7600115
I don't know about the specificity of media spin, but the general point about moral ambiguity/morality being arbitrary might be on point.

Humbert was a mentally ill pedo, that's pretty straight forward but he does has a lot of positive characteristics, his wit humor and smarts to name a couple. If he wasn't a pedo he'd be a great comic hero.

Nabokov was a linguist and so playing with meanings and multiple versions of meaning and "truth" was his game, not a huge leap at all for him to use that to fuck with our understanding of subjective morality and personal affections
>>
>>7600377
Reading this book made me feel guilty because of the subject matter, so I like to view Lolita as a temptress complicit in Humbert's sin. That why my own Catholic guilt is absolved, because I was also seduced.
Shame about that ending. Does anyone else feel like Humbert and Lolita had compatible souls kept apart by age and lechery?
>>
>>7600761
You sound like a mentally ill sinner who knew of the way of God but deliberately chose to follow Satan instead.
>>
>>7600761
Fucking normie.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.