[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for recs in the Literary Detective genre... I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 210px-Crying_of_lot_49.jpg (17KB, 210x321px) Image search: [Google]
210px-Crying_of_lot_49.jpg
17KB, 210x321px
Looking for recs in the Literary Detective genre...
I've read such stories by Pynchon, Borges, Eco, DFW, Gibson and Auster

Any other recommendations? I think The Crying of Lot 49 may be my favorite of this subgenre, and sits high in my favorites of all time.

Last thread, I got recommended either Chandler or Hammett, do not get me wrong, I enjoy them both, but they are not what I mean by "Literary Detective" fiction. I am not sure how to better define the term except maybe as works that use the Detective genre as a jumping off point for literary experimentation instead of simply intending to be a genre piece.
>>
>>7598438
The Davinci Code
>>
>>7598439
You know, I actually enjoyed this book. I know I'm supposed to hate it, but I find Dan Brown's storytelling fun for what it is.
>>
>>7598444
>I know I'm supposed to hate it

When will this fucking idea die? You aren't SUPPOSED to hate or like anything and until you get out of even referencing this you are a pleb and that's the end of it. God dammit go learn how to think for yourself faggot
>>
>>7598447
Well, I only say that in a tongue in cheek sort of way. "Supposed to hate it" meaning only that the literary world is vehemently against Dan Brown, as well as recognizing his writing as a much lower caliber of entertainment.

I enjoy Dan Brown in the same way I enjoy lying on the couch and watching back to back episodes of Magnum PI. It's no replacement for real good writing you know?
>>
Bump?
>>
The Savage Detectives and 2666.
>>
Missing Person, Modiano
The Infatuations, Marias
>>
>>7600424
Oh cool, thanks. I'd heard of Bolano but never really known what his works were like. Thanks.
>>
>>7600433
These both look interesting. Thanks.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.