[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legitimate classic or complete nonsense?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Beckett_Murphy.jpg (24KB, 296x429px) Image search: [Google]
Beckett_Murphy.jpg
24KB, 296x429px
Legitimate classic or complete nonsense?
>>
How is it nonsense?
>>
>>7599745
How it is is nonsense
>>
File: beckett3.jpg (461KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
beckett3.jpg
461KB, 1024x768px
>>7598227
I haven't read this one yet. But so far I can tell you that Beckett is truly a master.

By the way, what did you think of the ending of Molloy?("It is midnight. The rain is beating on the windows It was not midnight. It was not raining.")
Do you think it's about the narrator's role (which would switch from Moran to Beckett)? Or is it more about the time, hence the switch of tense...
I'm really interested.
>>
>>7599750
I've only read a few pages of that but it definitely comes off that way.
>>
>>7598227
My fav book of all time. Better than Joyce, Camus and Pynchon in its absurdity and its capturing of the true isolation of life
>>
>>7598227

Most of Beckett is transcendent. I think he's the most important figure of the 20th, personally. Whereas Joyce's accomplishments were a (fantastic but) logical continuation of the symbolist tradition, Beckett just came out of nowhere. And he stayed there. We haven't moved past Beckett yet.
>>
Beckett is literally autism incarnate. Don't know why anyone without autism would stand that torture.
>>
>>7599766
>Beckett came out of nowhere
dude came out of Joyce's nutsack, his first novels were basically copies of jimmy joyce.. even the one in OP he is just breaking away from Joyce there are still similarities... I think Murphy does mark him finding his own voice though, so to speak
>>
>>7599779
What about his writing makes him autistic? (I've only read Waiting for Godot.)
>>
>>7599786
He is literally the inspiration for everything Joyce write you fucking idiot, not the other way around
>>
>>7599811
(You)/10, but you don't even deserve it
>>
>>7599786

oh I agree, but he's not remembered for those first novels, though, is he? His most startling work exists in the later novels and early plays.
>>
>>7599830
retard
>>
>>7599822
hey your not gonna find a bigger Beckett fan than me, but to say he came out of nowhere is a stretch... If he would've just fucked Joyces crazy sister he prob never would have gotten far enough away from him to really evolve.. and prob produced the greatest novelist of our time today
>>
>>7598227
Brilliant opener. Good read but i only remember it in sections.

Id say a 3/5
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.