[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder: Chekhov, although not being discussed in this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 13002-004-A0982741.jpg (18KB, 329x450px) Image search: [Google]
13002-004-A0982741.jpg
18KB, 329x450px
Daily reminder: Chekhov, although not being discussed in this vietnamese hieroglyphics forum (maybe his work ain't got no theoretical depth), is one of the best writers ever.
>>
But who's the best translator?
>>
overrated short story writer and a horrible playwright. he's not much to discuss, he doesn't have much to say in ideas, themes, etc.
>>
Just make your claim without all the memeing, Jesus Christ.

Yes, Chekhov is a great writer. His story "Neighbors" is one of my favorites.
>>
>>7595398
Although I have never read anything by him and have nothing to add to this conversation I'd like to hear what you like about him. I've read dostoyevsky, some tolstoy and some turgenev so I know those ruskies can write. What do you like about chekhov?
>>
>>7595407
Tell us who you think are good short story writers and playwrights.
>>
>>7595411
Elegant conciseness while treating everyday themes or situations, ability to portrait characters in all their mundane weakness (kinda like Gogol does, equally funny but more sincere), makes you care about them characters not because of the depth of their motivations, feelings or quests, but because of their normalcy.
>>
Yeah he pretty based
>>
I'm reading a book of his short stories now, there's some real good stuff in there. My favorite so far has been Easter Eve. I like how he uses characters and settings to illuminate societal problems and he doesn't get preachy but allows the reader to ruminate on these problems for themselves.
>>
>>7595411

His compassion for godforsaken and desperately average humans is like holding your frozen fingers over a warm fire: Stings and hurts a bit at first- then it warms you up and you get the impression of getting back elements of yourself you thought you'd lost

The Lady with the Dog does more in 15 pages than any modern novel about love ever could.
>>7595407 is wrong
>>
Nigga knows >>7595866
>>
Hi I've read Dostoy, Bulgakov, Nabokov, Tolstoy and Turgenev but never read a Chechov. In general, I detest short stories. Where should I start?
>>
>>7596480
1. wrap your belt around your neck
2. clear the area around you
3. tie the belt to something sturdy near by
4. suspend yourself until you can't breathe
5. suffocate and die
>>
>>7596480
Most are fairly hop-in-able. The Bet is a nice one.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.