[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

literally why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: SCR_1453026629.png (4KB, 294x47px) Image search: [Google]
SCR_1453026629.png
4KB, 294x47px
literally why
>>
So that the people at the printing place stop calling
>>
>>7595291
>the page is no longer blank

you had one job
>>
>>7595291
The process of bookbinding (as in, the making a physical book) involves working several units of paper together into a book. Those units of paper usually come in standard quantities (quirts or reams or whatever). So if you're working with units of 32 pages, and you want to make a book that's 63 pages long, you need to use two blocks of 32 pages. Now, you can choose to cut off one page, so you actually end up with 63 printed pages. But that cutting off of the last page involves an additional expense in the production process - it's cheaper to leave it in. But now you have a book of 63 printed pages and a blank page. People might wonder if they have a flawed product and the last page has been accidentally unprinted. So, to eliminate confusion, you print 'this page intentionally left blank' on the last page. It's pretty dumb and most people don't think about twice about a blank page at the end of a book, but apparently at one point printers thought that was necessary.
>>
>>7595308
Thank you, Ms. Swift. I learned something today.
>>
>>7595291
So I don't think there was an error and information got lost.
>>
>>7595308

I thought publishers put flyleaves in so people could write notes, or just for the sheer luxury of it. I'm kind of disillusioned desu.
>>
>>7595301
Kek, this.
>>
Wait, hold on. Isn't that supposed to be your scrap paper where you write down all the major plot points and character traits so you dont forget them?
>>
>>7595291
>author paid by number of pages
>>
This doesn't happen in Mexico. I've never seen something like that.
>>
It's an 'ironic' 'meta' joke, and inside 'joke' about the 'meaning' of emptiness, or 'emprtiness', if you 'will'.
>>
>>7596177

>yfw dickens was paid a pound per paragraph
>>
>>7596166
>plot
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.