[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say what you want about Bradbury or about this book, you can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Fahrenheit 451.jpg (26KB, 176x250px) Image search: [Google]
Fahrenheit 451.jpg
26KB, 176x250px
Say what you want about Bradbury or about this book, you can call it high school tier if you want, but that doesn't make it any less important or any less delicious to read.
>>
>>7594213
I was assigned to read it in high school but never got past the first page. Still passed the tests we were given on it from listening to class discussion. It was probably shit anyway.
>>
I honestly remember it being pretty dumb. I read it like 5 years ago so I can't really recall much. But robot hunting dogs or some shit. Teenage dream girl. The premise itself doesn't make much sense and is overly dramatic. I couldn't stop thinking how silly the whole thing was.
>>
Nah man, it's a pretty shit fucking book.
>>
>>7594213
It is neither important nor delicious. However, if that's what you are looking for, I recommend The Tunnel.
>>
The only substantial parts were the discussions between the main character and the captain on why the world needs to have the firefighters.

The commercialization of everything personified by the wife was enough to remember.

It was a good read, even if it's not anything spectacular
>>
>>7594598
Also, I read this recently between 1984 and Brave New World.

It can read like an American counterpart to 1984's Oceania, which is kind of cool.
>>
This book would be perfect to turn into a shitty action film.
>>
Nah, it's shit
>>
>>7594213
It's literally just a worse version of 1984.
>>
>>7594959
It's more a mix between 1984 and BNW
>>
>>7594613
Shitty doesn't even began to describe it.
>>
He tried writing 451 about the demise of literature, which I agreed to before I even read it. I disagreed with other people saying it was about censorship, even though I had never read it
Then I read it. Clearly the guy failed, because he put way too much emphasis on minorities and how not offend them. Afterall, that's how the dystopian future came to be. Plus, Bradbury always got so butthurt over criticism.
>>
>>7594213
Stop with the Reddit threads. Vonnegut was one thing but this is too much.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.