[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this fucker any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: ONeill-Eugene-LOC.jpg (168KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ONeill-Eugene-LOC.jpg
168KB, 750x1000px
Is this fucker any good?
>>
I mean, the guy is basically an author. Take that for what it's worth. But in my estimation, you really have to take into consideration his ability to write. I can't say my estimation, or the estimation of his author is really and effectively prorated, but I think we'd all agree that there's no reason to shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
>>
I've never read him, but this quote from "The Iceman Cometh" has always stuck with me for some reason:

>

What's it matter if the truth is that their favoring breeze has the stink of nickel whiskey on its breath, and their sea is a growler of lager and ale, and their ships are long since looted and scuttled and sunk on the bottom? To hell with the truth! As the history of the world proves, the truth has no bearing on anything. It's irrelevant and immaterial, as the lawyers say. The lie of a pipe dream is what gives life to the whole misbegotten mad lot of us, drunk or sober.
>>
>>7591893

Yes. His long form stuff is good, especially Long Day's Journey and Iceman.

His one acts not so much. I was in a production of the Web. That play fucking sucks but it's his first so what ya gonna do.

https://youtu.be/4eu55SupOVk?t=1622
>>
File: oona.jpg (7KB, 263x191px) Image search: [Google]
oona.jpg
7KB, 263x191px
There's always his daughter Oona, who ruined JD Salinger's life then married Charlie Chaplain when he was 56 and she was 18. Whether Eugene was any good or not, Oona's always a great story.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.