[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a script thread? This one I pretty much enjoyed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2016-01-15-23-17-23.png (423KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-15-23-17-23.png
423KB, 540x960px
Can we get a script thread?
This one I pretty much enjoyed.
>>
I read Kubrick's Napoleon script a while ago. It might have been his best movie if it actually got made..
>>
>>7591047
That movie was absolute overrated garbage.
>>
>>7591047
My favorite movie. But It is very visual and I think there are a lot of improvised scenes (I mean, por of it was filmed a year or so later), so the script must be very different from the final result.
>>
>>7591392
part of it*
>>
>>7591047
Scripts aren't literature
>>
The Coen Brothers' screenplay for Fargo got me into writing screenplays. Absolute masterpiece.
>>
>>7591317

+1
>>
>>7591404
>something i experienced when i had no knowledge or expertise impressed me
is this supposed to be persuasive? you're an idiot, although i guess you already told us you were a coen bros fan
>>
I have a copy of the script to Scenes from a Marriage, my favorite Bergman show.
I've also read the scripts to Tokyo Story and The Passion of Joan of Arc.

I do not consider them as satisfying as the films honestly. They are more interesting academically than aesthetically.
>>
>>7591403
Is a shopping list literature?
>>
>>7592160
Anything written down is Literature.
>>
>>7592161
I know some great recipes.
>>
>>7591317
>>7591407
pleb much?
>>
>>7591047
dude coffee lmao
>>
>>7592212
Everything began enticing like something was about to tie it all together in a proper way, but then a stupid fucking deus ex machina happens and there's an excuse with all the retarded incoherent bullshit, and so many of the scenes are arbitrary as fuck. Then there's the fucking lesbian scene, which was a terrible commercial move for an artsy fartsy director who takes himself to seriously. (I mean, I did masturbate to that scene, but that only proves its tastelessness.)

Let me guess, you're one of those people who think twists and mindfucks are good writing. There's nothing artistic or thought-provoking about this movie, only spontaneous thoughtlessness and arbitrary pretentious bullshit.
>>
>>7591047
Beeeewwwbbs
>>
>>7592202
Cooking is an art.
>>
>>7592139
Doesn't mean the script is bad.
>>
>>7592483
I like to make sure all the labels face forward.
>>
>>7591317
No, it's brilliant. You don't have to 'solve' it but enjoy it as a brilliant and surreal portrayal of what is Hollywood.

Hollywood is fucked up.
>>
>>7592568
Who knew?
>>
>>7592139
>complaining
die fucking faggot
>>
>>7592639
"This is the girl."
>>
>>7592202
Are they patrician?
>>
>>7592670
Yes.
>>
>>7591392
> But it is very visual
> the script must be very different from the final result

A good script is a visual script since it is to be adapted by a visual medium. Scripts aren't all dialogue and "twists."
>>
>>7592718
limited statement
>>
>>7591403
Actually, they are.
>>
File: 1444318344601.jpg (363KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
1444318344601.jpg
363KB, 768x432px
>scripts
>>
I am literature.
>>
Literature is poetry or prose.

Everything else, into the trash.
>>
>>7592403
You are retarded
>>
>>7591047
Dialogue in The Big Lebowski is fucking great.
>>
>>7592982

It is the wittiest screenplay in the last two decades, surely.
>>
>>7592978
Good talk, anon.
>>
>>7592403
I don't know what to tell you other than you didn't understand it, which is itself understandable. It isn't exactly straight forward. The first time I saw it, I wasn't sure exactly what I saw either, but I was very captivated and had an urge to see it again. I went back to the front desk of the theatre and watched the next showing and it was amazing what you pick up and see the second time through. I've seen Mulholland Drive at least a dozen times now and I love picking up interesting new details or connections I didn't quite see before. It isn't about twists or mindfucks either, but thanks for showing your quick jump to hostility which just helps prove you didn't understand it. Have you seen any of Lynch's films?
>>
>>7592403
Do you even Buñuel? I bet you would say the same bullshit about Un chien andalou. Read The Surrealist Manifesto, as a counterpoint, at least.
>>
>>7592973
Scripts have prose.
>>
>>7593602
You don't know prose.
>>
>>7593611
You don't know scripts.
>>
>>7591047
Read the script for David Lynch's never made movie Ronnie Rocket. You'll like it.
http://www.lynchnet.com/rrscript.html
>>
>>7592403
Seeing as how you made no commentary on the actual intentions of the film, I can only assume you didn't understand it. It's rather straightforward once you read a proper analysis on the film, all that "incoherent bullshit" falls into place quite nicely.

And the lesbian scene is actually one of the most important scenes in the movie. You're actually just a primitive mongoloid who faps to artwork. You're that guy. Sorry.
>>
>>7592139
You're insufferable. Blossoming fascination should never be scolded. Eat shit.
>>
>>7593924
>who faps to artwork

B-But I love beating my meat to arthouse-y soft-core lesbian scenes... Does that make me a mongoloid, Anon-kun?
>>
>>7593924
The film is only about the experience itself.
>>
>>7591065
>Kubrick's Napoleon script
I had not read it yet, but I imagine it to be a Barry Lyndon 2.0
>>
>>7591317
Thumb Up
>>
>>7593924
>it makes sense once you read a proper analysis on the film

>i didn't get
>i'll just read what other people wrote about it and go on the internet to tell everyone i know what's going on.
>>
Inherent Vice by Paul Thomas Anderson

as a matter of fact any Script by him.
>>
>>7592139
Get a load of this cunt
>>
>>7594011
What's your point? For context, I understood the majority of the film, but the film is so packed that it's impossible to get it all on a first watch through. So I read a full explanation to grasp the tiny things that I missed. It's the alternative to watching the film a dozen times to pick up on everything. In fact, it makes a second viewing -- and all later watches really -- a lot better. It's not actually necessary for those who can pick up on the elements of the film and you're certainly not picking up on what I was saying.

It was more of a recommendation than anything so that he can pull his head out of his arse and see that the film isn't just Lynch bending over and projectile shit-farting onto a recording reel. Seeing as how he didn't get any of it, it would actually be a necessity. For him. Not for those of us who can comprehend films deeper than Fight Club.
>>
>>7595187
A film isn't just a collection of facts.
>>
>>7593370
The worst kind of pleb is a confident one. Nothing "fits together" in Mulholland Dr and the so-called explanations you see online are just overzealous dot-connecting craziness by people who have way too much time on their hands. Read about the production of Twin Peaks, Lost Highway et al. Lynch is a very intuitive director and will just include images or ideas that he thinks are strange or interesting without any real concern for how it relates to the literal plot. Mulholland Dr doesn't make sense because it was meant to be a pilot and certain scenes were things that were meant to develop or be explained later, but when it was recut into a movie, they remained unexplained. I think I've made my point here.
>>
>>7595610
He says so in his book, Catching the Big Fish.
>>
>>7591317

it has lesbians tho
>>
>>7595610

the main point of the film, the main themes and everything are easily picked up and understandable, without reading any analysis or whatever. if you didn't pick up on them though, you just weren't paying attention.
also, it's the kind of a movie where some points are unknowable, and thats the part of the appeal, it plays kind of like a noir film.

also i want to ask you, what exactly doesn't make sense in the movie? i'm really interested because you just keep on repeating it over and over again.

the numerous interpretations and analysis do help with lot of the really dense details that are in the movie, but one can pick up on them by watching the film again.
>>
>>7595610
you are just a giant walking
>reading for plot
>watching film for plot
meme
>>
Answer this question:

How do you kill a demon?

thanks i need to finish my script.
>>
>>7597654

Be an angel and smite it

If not an angel, exorcisms

T. Supernatural
>>
>>7593928
i didn't scold his blossoming fascination, you fucking idiot. go jack off to fargo
>>
>>7595610
I second this but at the time see some value in putting together the dots, no matter how tenuously, if that is how one wants to appreciate a movie. Just that singular theories, or ones based on intent are likely to be ... misguided for some of Lynch's less ostensibly plot driven films
>>
I have a lot of scripts.

I like to collect them and print them off at work pretending I'm doing actual work.

Does anyone know where to get some more?
>>
>>7597654
You must seek attonement with the demon. By force, you emphasize its nature.
>>
>>7592777
>limited statement
can't wait to use that on people. thank you.
>>
>screenplay

Cinema's most important aspect is the aesthetics.

It's the logical axiom of cinema, the first and therefore absolute truth to the medium. Meaning that, in a rough manner, sounds and storyline coherence are secondary to the will of aesthetic.

Following the systematic distribution of categories within cinema, it's logical to affirm that the diegetic structure of the mimesis is what matters the most, as it's closely vinculated to the roots of the medium itself.
>>
>>7600942
Great post. Except for the fact that you make the undergraduate error of excluding 'duration' from chinema's 'truth'.
>>
>>7600942

Isn't aesthetics the most important aspect of all art?
>>
>>7600942
>>7601067
samefag retard. "aesthetics" aren't just audio-visual dumbass.
>>
>>7601121
Little fool.
>>
File: cowboy1.jpg (12KB, 288x190px) Image search: [Google]
cowboy1.jpg
12KB, 288x190px
Now... you will see me one more time, if you do good. You will see me... two more times, if you do bad.
>>
>>7600942
*braaaaaaap*

Is that a fucking fart I smell, anon? You poopy motherfucker
>>
ok, lit/erati, any resource how to write scripts? I ha neat little red book, but it disappeared and I forgot its title.
I want that HBO money
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.