[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I read this after my mother gave me it for Christmas since I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: mourik-web1.jpg (120KB, 600x894px) Image search: [Google]
mourik-web1.jpg
120KB, 600x894px
I read this after my mother gave me it for Christmas since I'm into backpacking and thought it was pretty decent, though definetly aimed at a female audience.

Is there anything else you would recommend dealing with nature and the wilderness? Specifically with backpacking or other outdoor activities.
>>
Bill Bryson has a book, Into the Woods. Haven't read it but I've read his other works. He's both amusing and erudite. In a Sunburned Country I can recommend. A travelogue. Highly enjoyable.
>>
The Snow Leopard by Peter Matthiesen
It's half the authors obsession with Zen Buddhism and half about backpacking through the Himalayas with a zoologist trying to study mountain goats and maybe catch sight of the elusive snow leopard.
>>
walden
>>
Isn't that book about a woman who cheats on her husband then acts like she's a victim when he divorces her and she goes on to take even more dick on her "spiritual journey"?
>>
check out the books by colin fletcher. specifically the man who walked through time. 1000 mile summer also great. he's legit. avoid the bryson book he's a clueless outdoorsman.
>>
>>7591042
no you're thinking of glob girl
>>
>>7591042
You must've only watched the movie.
>>
>>7591042
Nope about an addict who goes backpacking to get out of her vicious spiral. Like the less narcissistic more outdoorsy eat pray love. About the same quality tho
>>
>>7591072
>>7590963

You mean this? My mother also have it too me for Christmas. Lovely...
>>
>>7591092
its not terrible, amusing at points, but its from the POV of a city slicker that has never even camped before, so its more about how grueling it is and his desire for a bed and a hamburger.
>>
>>7591099
If I know Bill it's probably more about language and history with some amusing observations and impossibly long digressions.
>>
>>7591099
Sounds like Wild. I'll stick it in my backlog.

Snow Leopard and Man who Walked through time sound great though.
>>
>>7590937
Growth of the soil by hamsun
>>
Anybody else dig Into the Wild and Into Thin Air?

Also, not lit but i reccomend checking out some of Jeremy Jones' videos.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.