[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is writing well an innate talent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: Messages Image(1638148099).png (452KB, 499x354px) Image search: [Google]
Messages Image(1638148099).png
452KB, 499x354px
Is writing well an innate talent?
>>
Yes.
Source: I could write real well before the accident.
>>
>>7586339
prose flows like flowey prose, if it flows well it means your well is overflowing
it's innate if you've always liked playing with words
do hybrid words give you a hardon anon?
>>
>>7586353
>hybrid words

I don't quite know how you mean by this, anon
>>
>>7586339
Discipline in developing your talent is more important.
>>
>>7586339
Yes.
>>
yes.
i know because some people don't have it
source >>7586353
>>
>>7586339
Maybe
I think that there are people myself included who have an innate sense of creativity when it comes to writing. I definitely do not think there is an innate ability to write well though.
I know people who technically are 'good' writers but who aren't necessarily 'artistic' writers.
But on the other hand there are people who just know how to put words together. I've always been able to look at people's essays or what have you and be able to pick out what is shit and what isn't.
But that might be because I've always been a huge reader.
So tldr; who knows!
>>
>>7586339
Nothing is an innate talent. All talents have to be cultivated through effort and time. Having an inclination towards something is innate.
>>
>>7586339
Probably not, or if so, minimal.
You can go a long way with the right kind of exposure. It's really hard to say what is talent and not when it comes to creative things. A lot of it can just be dumb luck and inspiration, which is a kind of talent, maybe.
>>
>>7586481
Completely agree with this
>>
>>7586481
wrong. that's just what untalented people tell their untalented children to ensure they don't kill themselves.

talent is most certainly innate.
>>
>>7586481
>Having an inclination towards something is innate.
This is more wrong than your previous statement.
>>
I recall a quote by Hemingway about not letting others know you had to "work hard" to be where you are and convey the aura of talent, when in reality most niggers have to spend years of their lives to become good writers.
>>
>>7586498
Yeah you know that for a fact bitch? You been inside a fetus brain?
Fuck you
>>
>>7586518
Yes i do know it for a fact that you can be taught to like something.
>>
my brother and wife both have it, and have no interest in using it.

all i want is to be a writer, and i do not have it.

>tfw other people waste a talent you covet more than any othet
>>
>>7586529
And you can be born to like something
>>
>>7586339
That's a funny picture anon. I feel embarrassed for enjoying cat pictures as much as I do but I can't help it. If I didn't have any sense of discipline (and really I have very little, but nonetheless some) I'd spend all too much time just looking at cats.
>>
>>7586539
>cuck detected
>>
>>7586547
>lazy unoriginal troll detected
>>
>>7586560
>
>>
>>7586380
He meant things like
>lifear
(Fear of life/live).
>>
>>7586587
It doesn't really arose me, I guess
>>
>>7586353
Vomit
>>
>>7586592
It just isn't the word for you. Try poetry and make neologisms; play with the words.
>>
>>7586481
People have different innate potentials

There is no world where Hawking is a better swimmer than Phelps.
>>
>>7586541
You would know wouldn't you, you cocksucker
>>
>>7586424
it's like u think im srs
do u want me to b more obvious?
forget writing if u cant een read
>>
>>7586622
Dont try to hide behind ironically detached niggerspeak. I could smell the sincerity on that post and it made me fucking sick.
>>
>>7586622
>iwasjustpretendingtoberetarded.jpg

nice try faggot. it was trash and you're trash.
>>
>>7586634
sickness is wicked becoz it's wicked to be sick
CAN U SEE MY CRAZY PURPLE PROSE NOW?

THO NOW IM NOT RLLY SURE IF YOU'RE being ironic and im not catching it
eish
>>
>>7586642
get the fuck out of my thread
>>
>>7586640
yur mum isn't trash :))))))
this is going into my book too
tho i wish her vag wasn't so fucking purple
>>
>>7586644
but where will u get ur dailyy those r-r-r- pretty prose then?
im here to bless u
a thankless job for a great sacrifice
>>
File: cl.png (108KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
cl.png
108KB, 228x221px
>>7586353
>hybrid words
>hardon anon
>not hardanon
>mfw
>>
>>7586655
Where the fuck are you from
>>
>>7586642
>>7586649
>>7586655
nice overcompensation anon
>>
>>7586346
Is that you Stephen?
>>
Yes. It takes someone with a special kind of background, maybe even genetics to write well. You still have to practice and experiment and all that before you actually become good at it, but practice and hard work aren't the only thing. I know plenty of people who've been writing for decades who still completely suck at it.
>>
Does it matter?
>>
>>7587048
I'd say no. Even if you're a terrible writer, who has no talent, it's not the end of the world. There's a lot of terrible untalented writers who are highly successful. In fact, most of the best selling writers are terrible and untalented.
>>
>>7586339
I don't think so, but it comes with attentive and compassionate personality and people who write well are usually introverts.
It would be ideal if somebody could make more extroverts to write more, some writers in the past were like that and the best in their craft. But nobody really pursues it out of sheer need to put something to paper or has something to say. I mean, that's rare.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.