[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 'manufacturate' a word? Pic unrelated.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1452713503362.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1452713503362.gif
2MB, 300x169px
Is 'manufacturate' a word?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>7586331
I can use it in a sentence if need be.
>>
>>7586331
Sure. Do you mean it as a noun, a collection of items which have been manufactured? If you mean it as a verb, then less likely (unless you provide a convincing usage)
>>
>>7586331
Google.com
>>
>>7586385
Noun. The sentence I'm using it in reads as such:
>...the totality of the controlled manufacturate that is our home is nothing more than some grand experiment in social control...

>>7586386
That's why I'm here. I was sure it was a word and that I was using it correctly, but when I googled it I got a bunch of links that cited the word in Romanian language articles.
>>
>>7586331
>>7586386
I assume OP means to use a nontraditional variation of the word which wouldn't necessarily show up in a popular google dictionary. The idea is to base a deviation off of the established grammar rules. I used "stagnance" and "Pavlovially" in a recent essay because, even though they aren't capital-r Real Words their meaning is readily apparent and it was the most succinct way to convey meaning in context.

>>7586409
Yep, the usage is fine to me. Just by that one sentence it sounds pretty pretentious but I obviously don't have the whole picture.
>>
>>7586427
Awesome, thanks man.

And yeah, I see where you're coming from, hopefully the totality of the passage doesn't read as such because it's not really supposed to. That bit is really the character attempting to compare his ideals and motivations to someone who's more moralistically aligned than he is, so it's not really supposed to be a representation of anyone's beliefs or thoughts necessarily. Though, reading back what I just typed out, it sounds very much like the entire essence of this section of narrative might be rooted in pretentiousness.

Here, if you're interested in giving a more substantial critique:
>What is it I hope to achieve by showing these people what the Plates really are? Why do I want to show them Pharmafed's involvement with Cobalt, and how the totality of the controlled manufacturate that is our home is nothing more than some grand experiment in social control? My desire for the truth? Is that what pushes me in the here and now? To free these people? Do I care about anyone who aren't the people I know and love? No. The answer is I don't. All this fighting and undermining the power that reigns over us, it's not for any greater cause. It's for my grandmother. It's for the chance to maybe unleash my own form of payback on that fucking monster who tried to disable me. I don't care about these Plates. Not the way Étiennette does. So for me to have full control of what comes next, it isn't safe. I need someone to watch over my actions, keep me moral. For that I need Étiennette Dupont. I need her ideals.

-'Monster' refers to character who tortured said character much earlier in the novel.

-Novel is written in third-person, this is just a short internal aside with the main character
>>
>>7586486
Cool, it fits better in the context of that paragraph. I'm not the best person to give critiques unless I have time to sit down with a full piece of work tb quite h, but kudos on trying to tackle a novel.
>>
>>7586331
who gives a fuck
no one will ever read your writing
>>
File: 1400462449486.jpg (7KB, 246x250px) Image search: [Google]
1400462449486.jpg
7KB, 246x250px
>>7586331
Shut the fuck up Grandpa, manufacture has always been a word.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
>>7586331
Yeah let me just manufacturate you a fuckin' definition for it.
>>
>>7588393
I kek'd.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.