[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /lit/, How do you celebrate when you've finished your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1451238845078.jpg (47KB, 297x475px) Image search: [Google]
1451238845078.jpg
47KB, 297x475px
Sup /lit/,

How do you celebrate when you've finished your book? I'm drinking wine and eating chicken right now as we speak. It's a piece of shit YA sci-fi (pic unfortunately not related), but damn, it's my book. Gonna finish this bottle and eat this fuckin' chicken YUM-TASTIC.
>>
>>7585324
Whenever i used to finish a short i used to drink and smoke and have my own private party. Now i don't smoke or drink much..

But the feeling of elation is well worth the toil.
>>
>chicken and wine
Let's talk about the kind of chicken and the kind of wine. Also, tell me about your book.
>>
>>7585331
The chicken is just the cheapest sort of broiler cooked inside a bag with some turnip, carrots and onion. The wine is a Terra Cruz Cabernet Sauvignon 2014 year "vintage", a Chilean red wine which cost me only 3 euros.

The chicken is still cooking so we have to wait a bit.

My book is about five teenagers sent to Earth so they could send something from Earth to the outer space colony. Meanwhile the world (which has been ravaged by wars and disease) blames the teenagers on shit that they aren't guilty for - global warming, the pandemic, wars etc. just because they're from the outer space colony with all the rich and famous. So it's a book which deals the question: "Are children supposed to deal with their parents' mistakes?"
>>
>>7585377
That sounds like a pretty interesting story, I'm happy for you! Cheers
>>
>>7585377
Doesn't sound half bad
>>
>>7585418
>>7585402
Thanks, but ~next time~ I'm definitely getting a fucking editor, because printed out a copy for the novel competition..

and boy, it has a billion mistakes in it. But eh, the deadline was tomorrow, so I had to haul ass.
>>
>>7585377
But tell us about the tropes OP, the tropes!
No one writes YA seriously.
Give us something to laugh with you at.
>>
>>7585481
Tropes?
>parents dying
>children crying
>teenagers sent to save the world
>evil governments

Anything you need, baby.
>>
>>7585520
I need you to tell me how it felt to compromise your creativity by outputting pure shite.
>>
>>7585324
took me a second to realised u werent talking about finishing READING a book lol
>>
>>7585554
Get the fuck out you lazy piece of shit.
>>
File: 1449003244291.png (369KB, 500x518px) Image search: [Google]
1449003244291.png
369KB, 500x518px
>>7585527
I didn't really compromise when the plot actually called for such tropes I guess.
>>7585554
Do you usually drink a bottle of wine to reward yourself for sitting through David Foster Wallace lol?
>>
>>7585377

>Meanwhile the world (which has been ravaged by wars and disease) blames the teenagers on shit that they aren't guilty for - global warming, the pandemic, wars etc

Boy oh boy you know your audience. Millennials are going to eat this up. Soon, you will be rich and swimming in AP.

Godspeed anon, you're going to make it.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 600x600px
I print out the manuscript, put in a manuscript box, hold it 6 inches over the table and drop it. The thump is proof of an idea made tangible. Then I have a shot of expensive or rare bourbon.
>>
>>7585331
>please, give me all these details so i can judge you. i promise that no matter what you say will not deter me as i've already made up my mind that i am better than you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.