[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about this? I've read it a couple times now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: mhh.c.p1.100.jpg (87KB, 418x606px) Image search: [Google]
mhh.c.p1.100.jpg
87KB, 418x606px
Can we talk about this? I've read it a couple times now for one of my classes and I'm still unable to grasp completely what Blake is talking about. I understand that he's advocating for the existence of both good and evil, but what else? Which of the proverbs matter most and why?
>>
To expand a bit, I'm interested by the lines:
"The cut worm forgives the plow."
and
"The fox condemns the trap not himself."

In the first I assume the worm is forgiving the object itself and not the wielder of the object.
And if the fox is cunning why would he condemn the trap instead of himself for falling into the trap? And why not condemn the setter of the trap?
>>
>>7583685
Wasn't Blake nearly parodying parables in some of his works? I feel that's what may be going on here...
>>
>>7583662
>>7583685
At the simplest level, God made the world and he made it perfect. Therefore Heaven and Hell are both perfect, and their Good and Evil is also perfect.

You can also see this when Blake has the dream about the Angel taking him to hell and telling him how much his life is going to suck for him down there and he just keeps chilling because he knows God and the universe is good.

>"The cut worm forgives the plow."
>"The fox condemns the trap not himself."
Compared to animals, man is like God. So when we are "cut" and "condemned," we forgive God for letting us die because it's his will and therefore the best possible for us.
Look at Thel experiencing the same thing. She knows she'll be wormfood one day but doesn't hate and turn away from God because of it.
>>
>>7583717
Sounds like Leibniz; I wonder if he read him
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.