[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any thoughts on Polonius from Hamlet? I'm playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Anyone have any thoughts on Polonius from Hamlet? I'm playing him in a production in April and am trying to take in as many perspectives and insights on him as possible
>>
That is the shittest, fakest looking skull i EVER saw
>>
>>7582365
they didn't want to scare people
>>
Just act you phagget
>>
To me he seems kind of bumbling. Not full on falling over stupid, but like that guy who thought he was super deep and knew everything about the world in high school. Only he's an old man, who's nice, a bit charming, and in over his head.
Also that skull is fucked.
>>7582370
It is much scarier than a regular skull.
Jesus.
>>
>>7584303
Kind of.. but he's also extremely shrewd in another sense (and hypocritical). The fact that Branagh included a prostitute in the scene where Polonius is instructing Reynaldo to follow Laertes to see if he's going to brothels, RIGHT AFTER he's just told Laertes "To thine own self be true" was a really nice touch that added depth to his character. He's also willing to use his own daughter as bait to figure out what Hamlet's doing (and his plan works! They do observe him without being scene, but he and Claudius just draw the wrong conclusions). There's more to Polonius than just being a pretentious windbag.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.