[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's break the meme cycle and do something new. What do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: calvino.jpg (72KB, 580x419px) Image search: [Google]
calvino.jpg
72KB, 580x419px
Let's break the meme cycle and do something new.

What do you guys think about Italo Calvino? What book is your favorite? Who do you compare him to?

Personally I never know what to expect from him, every book is different.
>>
I love Calvino but holy shit you're exposing yourself as a newfag. Calvino is very commonly discussed, probably top ~20 - 25 (counting "the greeks" as 1 for purposes of this ranking) if you ranked the most talked about authors on /lit/?

anyways if on a winter's night is mad comfy
>>
The only thing I've read of his isn't really by him but adapted by him, Italian Folktales. Fucking surreal, really loved them. So, there's that.
>>
Let's break the meme cycle and do something new.

What do you guys think about [an author discussed daily on 4chan /lit/]
"okay"

anyways, he's great, obviously.
>>
>>7581718
>>7581753

Sorry, yes I am a nefag, I try to like this board but everytime I come here people only tall about dfw and Pynchon, gravity's rainbow. Didn't know Calvino was well liked. Which other authors from the last 70 years do you like, if you like him?
>>
I've only read If on a Winter's Night, Invisible Cities and a few short stories and they became instant favourites and go-to books for when I want to cuddle up and am too tired to start anything new. He reminds me of Barth, though I have no patience for Barth's tricks.

N.B. I am a lowly newfag.
>>
>>7581987
In my opinion Cloud Atlas is just a better executed version of Calvino's If On a Winter's Night a Traveler. The whole second person shtick was interesting at first, then just silly.
>>
>>7584013
You know where to go. Never come back.
>>
>>7584013
holy shit GTFO you miserable pleb

The Cosmicomics got me hooked on Calvino and his charming af metafiction
>>
are the designations of fag only temporal
e.g. is a lifelong lurker an old fag eventually despite never posting?
>>
>>7585260
If you came to 4chan after 2009, you're a newfag by default. Everything else is based in your knowledge of meme culture.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.