[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What pronunciations or explanations did your High school English

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

What pronunciations or explanations did your High school English teacher botch the worst?

For me:

"Al-burt kay-muss"
>>
>>7579859
'Neetshee'
>>
>>7579865
"nee-chee"
>>
>>7579859
>camus ever
>camus in an english class
>camus in a high school english class

where the fuck did you go to school, OP? sounds like a garbage experience.
>>
cheatsheet
>>
they paraphrase the name telling us that if we do pronounce it just make sure we learned it the right way or else elitist jerks will enrage at you
>>
>>7579859
Mine was Al-bear-cowmoo
>>
As opposed to saying Albert Camus the French way and sounding like an asshole.
>>
>>7579877
we read "the stranger"

it was a shitty evangelical christian school
>>
>>7579887
>As opposed to saying Albert Camus the French way and sounding like an asshole.

Unless you are talking to some dumb hick, this will never happen.
>>
>>7579859
My English teacher thought that all of Macbeth's various tribulations were born out of dissatisfaction with married life, and that the play was actually about the patriarchal institution of marriage and how it hurts everybody.

I shit you not.
>>
In a graduate class last semester I had a teacher try to discuss The Goblin Market as if it was about capitalism and I flipped. I rarely talk in class but I raised my voice and asked her when the last time, if ever, she had actually read interpretations of the work. It was the last week of class and I was totally over her bullshit.
>>
>>7579916
ho
ly
sh
it
>>
>>7579916
>>7579923
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
>>7579887

>pronouncing a person's name correctly makes you sound like an asshole

the fuck kind of logic is that?
>>
Coup d'tat - coop dee tat
>>
>>7579923

I googled that, read the first couple of lines, is it about resisting temptation?
>>
>>7579995
That's pretty bad. it is a common phrase...
>>
Scoopenhooer

(Schopenhauer)
>>
>>7580040
you can't be serious.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.