[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Book Thread Club

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: bats.jpg (10KB, 179x300px) Image search: [Google]
bats.jpg
10KB, 179x300px
Hello /lit/

This is Book Thread Club. Our book this week will be this Bats book. Here is the link:

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/40112

I will keep this thread open (for you to discuss a question like vocabulary or other things) In a week's time I will make a new thread to post the new Books Thread Club book and we will have discussion about the Bats book (did you like it? what did you learn? what was the book about? what did the author want to do? was this a good book?) and other things.
>>
Is this even a book
>>
>>7579324
This is a good question. We will discuss this question when we have read the book in next week's thread. But just to give you a taste (I have read a little ahead) there are many surprises in this book. Even some explorers have been eaten trying to understand the Bats. There is also interesting political problems (many of the politics do not exist anymore. The islands are all independent) I think they are interesting because they are not around anymore.
>>
>>7579324

I mean...it's literature, so I guess it holds?
>>
I think if we have any Book Thread Club Members in Washington D.C, Sydney, or the Honolulu, they might go to the museum and see if the Bat specimens are really there.
>>
Sorry I don't read Gutenberg shit, of its on there it's usually because it's so bad no one bothered to keep the copyright
>>
File: Carleton_Phillips.gif (17KB, 120x174px) Image search: [Google]
Carleton_Phillips.gif
17KB, 120x174px
I believe I have found a picture of our author.

>>7579576
I have to use Gutenberg so that anyone can join. All anons must have access to the book. I do not want to exclude anyone who might not think it is right to download books illegally.
>>
>>7579590
(forgot the source)
http://www.depts.ttu.edu/biology/people/faculty/PHILLIPS/
>>
Autistic here, I skimmed it. I learned some new words, but otherwise just some island hopping fags pickling and skinning bats.

Try to make a sentences using some of these words:

pelage
caudal
rostrum
conspecific
cline
holotype
>>
>>7579646
the bat shook its free floating caudal vertebrae at me, the sexy pelage thinning on its nude back. it turned to me, its smiling rostrum a phallic suggestion, as if to say, with a smirk, 'You don't have to tell anyone it was non-conspecific sex.'
I turned to my charts, hoping for an escape from this lurid sexual creature, but the cline graph I had jotted only served to remind me of the incline plane in my pants.
>>
>>7579691
I chuckled sensibly. Well done.
>>
book thread club
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.