[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly, what's the big deal with Atlas Shrugged? Why do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (34KB, 288x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 288x200px
Honestly, what's the big deal with Atlas Shrugged? Why do women and rich snobs like it so much?
>>
Point B does not follow point A. Your two statements are unrelated.
>>
File: Improved trolley problem.jpg (431KB, 1042x804px) Image search: [Google]
Improved trolley problem.jpg
431KB, 1042x804px
>>7578601
>Why do women like it?
Because it's written by a woman.
>Why do rich snobs like it?
Because they haven't actually read it (neither have the women btw).
>>
>>7578618
That's because im asking two seperate questions about a particular topic, you formula-fed virgin
>>
Its a book about tall accomplished men and women who resist the meek that claw at great people insistently.

The only people who actually hate the book are short losers DESU.
>>
That's simple. There is a foundation that freely distributes copies of Rand's works, much like how various churches distribute their respective versions of the Bible. Its sole goal is to further the cause of Objectivism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayn_Rand_Institute

>ARI is mainly an educational organization, but also has "outreach programs." Its various programs include classes on Objectivism and related subjects offered through its Objectivist Academic Center, public lectures, op-ed articles, letters to the editor, competitions for essays about Rand's novels, materials for Objectivist campus clubs, supplying Rand's writings to schools and professors, and providing intellectuals for radio and TV interviews.[4]

>$10,000,000 annual budget
>>
>>7578631
But it's written by a w-woman

>>7578664
Is the book really that influential?
>>
File: zizek.jpg (148KB, 1000x843px) Image search: [Google]
zizek.jpg
148KB, 1000x843px
http://www.lacan.com/frameXII5.htm
>>
>>7578601
I literally have not met a single woman that's read it. It's usually a guy in a lecture class that takes a two minute break from playing Minecraft on his laptop to chime in about Objectivism.
>>
>>7578683
It was during the 2008-2012 era when Tea Partyism in America was a big movement. Nowadays, not so much. But you can be sure having money is a good first step to disseminating your message.
>>
>>7578683
>Is the book really that influential?
It's really that pushed, how influential it would be without 10mill a year to show it maybe it wouldn't be remembered.
>>
>>7578712
>one of best selling books of all time
>most of the major influential business leader of the last 40 years in America were effected by the philosophy or literal card carrying objectivists.
>HUUUUUURRR im such a fucking retards only things that i hear about on the news exist, and when I stop hearing about it it stops existing.

>>7578703
spot the short/ugly/woman
>>
>>7578721
Which kind of people are pushing it?
>>
>>7578753
t-the people mentioned in the post you replied to, are you doing some next level trolling or something?
>>
I'm thinking of reading this. Will it be worth my while?
>>
>>7578601
It validates their sociopathic pov
>>
It's realism, I enjoyed it a lot of people like to hate on rand but most of the things she says are true
>>
>>7578772
Man here, little more than halfway through it. Meh, the font is tiny and it's a thick book, seems to drag in places, some funny parts, interesting concepts. I suppose I would be reading the bible instead but I'm not religious.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.