[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/soc/ thread >Slaughterhouse five >Tolkien >Neil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1398335102617.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1398335102617.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>/soc/ thread
>Slaughterhouse five
>Tolkien
>Neil Gaiman
>Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

Goodbye /lit/
Hello r/books

I dont care if meta is cancer
Kill this board
>>
same
>>
The /his/ split really did a number on the board, and having a little fresh blood to fuel the machine will make us better in the end.

It will calm down over time, just remember to shitpost in shitthreads and call out cancer where you see it.
>>
whatcha readin OP?
>>
If we can get a writing board /wr/ that would probably help clean up the board slightly so this board could focus a lot more on literature.

Also the new members the past few weeks are defending pleb posts like saying blogs are literature, John Green is literature, etc. We all want them out and hopefully we can redo the board so the same books aren't spoken about everyday
>>
File: 1413221343572.jpg (265KB, 750x971px) Image search: [Google]
1413221343572.jpg
265KB, 750x971px
>>7577847
we all know it was better that way anon
dont be snarky
our social cohesion and the board unity has been broken
only in a stable environment can we again produce the things that once made this board great
>>
>>7577885
>thats because you're blind now melinda

delete this now
>>
>>7577847

>Also the new members the past few weeks are defending pleb posts like saying blogs are literature, John Green is literature, etc

I honestly have not seen any thread of the like, and I am inclined to believe that the reddit influx is a hyperreal phenomenon.

>We all want them out and hopefully we can redo the board so the same books aren't spoken about everyday

They were before the imgurborne toxic event too, it is not specific to this.
>>
>>7577885
>implying blogs belong on this board
>implying John Green belong on this board
>implying someone is snarky cause they don't want shitthreads from redditors any longer

Go back to reddit, seems like the more appropriate place for you
>>
>>7577905
Not the poster but I saw them yesterday everywhere
>>
>>7577910
I was more referring to his last sentence which seemed snarky to me my friend
>>
>>7577792
there's nothing wrong with the slaughterhouse five thread, it's a fucking book on the /lit/ starter pack and the guy's at least attempting to actually discuss it.

As for everything else, report, report, report. I honestly think the mods have left us though. If that guy actually does set up patrician chan I'm jumping ship immediately. After that, /out/ will be the only board still tethering me to this godforsaken website.
>>
I've been on /lit/ since it started, day one. It's always been full of "plebshit". This whole borrowed-/mu/ thing about patricians and whatever is something that came about over time and was usually a joke. I bet most of you kids whinging about muh genre fiction muh beautiful board don't even remember The Penis Was and a huge Orson Welles and the days of Randposting.
>>
>>7577806
>implying /his/ containment wasn't the best thing to happen to this degenerate board
>>
>>7577792
There needs to be a new board on 4chin called reddit so all the redditors will go there and then that board and r/4chan can create a circle that reddit cannot escape
>>
>>7577905

dude, how the fuck? are you blind?

These are all threads still up as I type this:

>>>7576461

>>>7574622

>>>7576736

>>>7577105

>>>7576123

>>>7577332

I mean, are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>7578268
>he doesn't think at least half of these are shitposts
>>
>>7578223
We lost /his/ general and the occasional homework post. Net loss to me.
>>
>>7577905
>>7578268
>>7578279
There's also this:
>>7570912
>>
>>7577792

This is a public service announcement for all newcomers to /lit/ brought to you by a /lit/ patrician™. Those of us who have long called this board home have noticed a significant deterioration in posting quality and an influx of plebs in the last few months that within the past week has become acute. We can attribute this to the Katie fiasco making the front page of reddit or one of our top 100 book lists being posted on reddit and getting over a million views or other events but whatever we blame it on doesn't change the facts of the matter which is that plebs who don't belong here are shitting threads up.

Thus, this public service announcement was made for those who are determined to stay even if they are way over their heads. Here are some important things you need to get through your head if you are going to stay and post without being ridiculed. Take notes.

1. Under no circumstances will you ever praise any book taught in a standard high school curriculum as anything but an enjoyable read from your past that you don't care much about now. The vast majority of books taught in high-school are complete pleb shit. The only exceptions to this are Nabokov and Conrad as they are taught at some schools.

2. Genre-fiction is pleb trash and anyone who reads it frequently should be curb-stomped. If you are going to post in bookshelf threads then take your GRR Martin et al., off of the shelf before you photograph it you retards. Don't ever mention genre-fiction unless its in a containment thread specifically for it.

3. Israel did 9/11

4. Don't ever defend yourself by inferring or saying that the person ridiculing you is doing the "stop liking what I don't like". This will instantly reveal you to be a mega-pleb. There is objectively bad literature and roughly 85% of the time people here are being honest with you when they say an author you like is trash.

5. Don't ever bring identity politics into threads on /lit/. We are here to discuss literature and not women or minorities. If you want to have a thread asking about favorite women authors thats fine but don't ever attempt to use "all white men etc" as an argument to detract from something. Also don't ever ask why literature from African authors isn't more popular (its mostly shit). Bringing up identity bullshit needlessly irritates even most left-wing /lit/ posters.

6. /Lit/s harsh attitude towards plebs and pleb books is a necessary and vital part of the board as it helps maintain a homeostasis of quality by weeding out and discouraging plebs from posting.

7. Anything by Douglas Addams, Harper Lee, Joseph Heller, Vonnegut, Bret Easton Ellis, Palahniuk, or Orwell is complete pleb trash and not to be mentioned.

8. Start with the Greeks

Brought to you by a /lit/ patrician™. For those of you who are already patricians™, don't give up hope. For those of you who are newcomers, at least try to make it less obvious.
>>
>>7578205
Absolutely this. I am published in one of the distinguished first issues of TAR. Lit is the same as it ever was.
>>
>>7579663
Fucking autist

>>7579654
>>7578268
All of those are baitposts you fucking idiot.

>>7577792
Fuck off newfig you don't know shit
>>
>>7578265
That's actually brilliant. They would go there to be meta and post threads from Reddit.
>>
>>7578279
If you shitepost enough genuine plebs will become cozy here and be unironic. Look at /tv/ for proof.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.