[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've started reading IJ and I want to know what are some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nj6k7in2td1qza1qzo1_500.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj6k7in2td1qza1qzo1_500.gif
1MB, 500x500px
I've started reading IJ and I want to know what are some good critics of DFW and their titles. I'm looking for a few answers, explanations or essays on IJ, because I'm dumb and not used to reading PoMo. Thank you in advance.
>>
>>7576910
>wanting to be spoonfed
>not at least attempting to come up with any answers of your own and form your own opinion on the work

Infinite Jest might not be for you.
>>
>>7576939
I was considering David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest by Stephen Burn, but I'm open to other suggestions as well.
>>
>>7576949
Orin's dad made the Entertainment and PGOAT got a face full of acid.
>>
>>7576910
What's the point? Just read and enjoy it. You can always look into deeper after reading if it still interests you.
>>
>>7576986
>You can always look into deeper after reading if it still interests you.
This is actually what I was looking for, but I expressed myself incorrectly. I want to read some criticism afterwards, to make sure that I didn't miss anything important, or to clear the blurry parts and fully understand the text.
>>
>>7576949
Just finish it first before looking for answers. Thas how books work friend!
>>
>>7577007
for now you can watch his interview by ZDF tv
>>
>>7577007
If you're not used to reading pomo, you might just want to read up on some of the basic tropes or philosophies. Wallace incorporates, parodies and criticises them at different times, so it could be useful to have some kind of framework of understanding.

If you really struggle, just supplement some of his essays. E Unibus Pluram is probably the most relevant.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.