[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>If we affirm one single moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Nietzsche.jpg (333KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche.jpg
333KB, 2000x1000px
>If we affirm one single moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed.

What did he mean by this?
>>
he meant "stop being a pessimistic narcissistic insufferable aspie dip, OP"
>>
File: karl-pilkington.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
karl-pilkington.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
A'ight. It's just that, take the good wif the bad, innit? Or the bad wif the good, I don't know, I mean, take sumfin, like a Chinese restaurant where they give you them sauces for free, an life is like that as well.

So life's like that, innit? Like a Chinese dish, with a shit afterwards. Take the dish, an take the shit with it
>>
>One moment of pleasure justifies all the shit and misery of the rest of eternity, because it was connected to and required for that one moment
He's telling you to settle for what you get, pretty slave-like mentality there, Nietzsche.
>>
Sounds like he's giving an ethical character to the Leibnizian monad.
>>
>>7572159
All that exists is deterministic.
If this moment is good, so is everything else, because everything else is necessary to produce it.
>>
"If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands."
>>
>>7572159
LIBERAL FEMINIST SJWs BTFO!
>>
File: dead horse New York.jpg (236KB, 754x862px) Image search: [Google]
dead horse New York.jpg
236KB, 754x862px
t-thanks
>>
File: nietz horse.jpg (41KB, 600x481px) Image search: [Google]
nietz horse.jpg
41KB, 600x481px
>>7572414
>>
i can't stop thinking how the fuck did he grow that mustache. i mean come the fuck on its the size of a banana. my dick is smaller than that thing on his face. its just mind boggling. and then to hear the words coming from nietzsches mouth, but you did too many drugs this past week and so you sort of fall into this dreamlike state where the mustache is the one actually philosophizing and its just using fred to voice its thoughts on the nature of existence. i mean that thing has got to have something to do with his philosophies. sure fred grew but did his growth not induce the growth of the mustache, or by some illogical induction did the mustache not grow fred.
>>
>>7572825
>i mean that thing has got to have something to do with his philosophies.
Actually you're not entirely wrong, he hints at growing it so people who look at him only see the moustache and the military man stereotype or something like that
>>
>>7572159
Did you get that quote from Zarathustra?
>>
It's just a comparison to Schopenhauer's world will
>>
>>7572159
he means that a cow getting an abortion and injected with hormones up the ass and put through endless suffering was worth it as long as you enjoyed your ice-cream :^)
>>
Of course, everyone ITT overlooks the all-important conditional that behind the passage.

Nietzsche is very close here to an OT theodicy, but that 'if' should catch a hold of your attention.
>>
>>7572174
This guys videos are ducking Reddit tier levels of "funny" aka not funny at all
>>
>>7575357
it's impossible to not feel joy in life, mate. does that mean that because joy can exist all suffering is worth it? more to it, why would it be that way? what if we're taking values to suffering and enjoyment? schopenhauer shows rather quickly how suffering outdoes existence in his example regarding food (the pleasure of the one eating compared to the suffering of the one being eaten).
>>
>>7575363

This is the dilemma Nietzsche is bringing to our attention--what is it to affirm our joy, to 'say yes' to life? For the conscientious man it is, ironically, a great horror. Or appears to be. It is a more primordial existential anxiety. It is inescapable, but you must choose: affirm or deny.
>>
>>7575373
I'll keep the answer on hold until my body breaks down.
>>
File: 1430126981561.jpg (96KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1430126981561.jpg
96KB, 650x650px
One way to interpret Nietzsche's skepticism on free will is by thinking what droves Nietzsche to such a stance. Nietzsche was a petite bourgeoisie in a historical period that it was very difficult for a petite bourgeoisie to accumulate further wealth and raise his social status. It was the rise of the industry era, the power of the accumulated wealth was already visible, and big wealth was in a position to limit the mobility and the prospects of other classes. His own life was filled with accidents and poor health, so by his perspective, the notion of free will, that naturally arises from a period of history in which the middle class was able by using hardiness, luck and belief in oneself to sustain or develop their social status, has become an empty concept. With the same method you can understand the problem of the cause and effect. Now, effects seemed uncorrelated to the causes, no reasonable selection of causes could create the necessary effects i.e. the social sustaining and growth. "Now" the traditional methods of social rise were obsolete, "a human could no longer satisfy the requirements". It would require a "super-human" for this. A mystical, immoral way of wealth accumulation and social status. This is the perspective of the petite bourgeoisie, camouflaged behind a criticism to the urban free spirit.
>>
>>7575413

Pop-psych analyses of philosophy are usually just flatly, factually wrong, always stupid, and completely contrary to the spirit of philosophy.
>>
>>7575410

Then you will have failed to live.
>>
>>7575413
You know those passages from Twilight of the Idols about how pathetic our enjoyment is when we think that we control the truth? That is, that we have discovered a way to understand things which brings us closer to the truth than anything else done before? Read those before spouting this nonsense. The Overman is no capitalist spirit and if you read Nietzsche's passages about workers and work you'd see that.
>>
>>7575432
This. Delay is already an answer. Denial can take many disguises. Of course, what many don't want to admit is that affirmation itself can be a dangerous concept. Cryptovitalism can justify atrocities.
>>
>>7575363
Nietzsche is not speaking about joy/pleasure/suffering. He's not a fucking utilitarian.
>>
>>7572159

He's talking about the eternal recurrence
>>
>>7575361
what do you find funny
curious
>>
>>7575972
wew lad, this is some next level shit

> and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed.

>> and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once

and if you try to say that it means something else I'll accuse you of being a disgusting commie specialized in rhetoric that wishes for nothing more but to make pomo shit the highest art.
>>
>>7577005
I will direct you to BGE 225. Read it, then come back and offer a better interpretation of OP's quote.
>>
>>7577041
>reading Nietzsche
please no
>>
>>7577046
>reading any books
full pleb.
>>
>>7575361
What do you mean videos? Clips from his shows you've seen on Youtube or the shows themselves?
>>
so the winner of life is he who parties the hardest or achieves the highest excellence in some art, assuming the latter gives you some kind of deep inner satisfaction that can trump the momentary euphoria and happiness of making sweet love on some designer drug with the most beautiful lovable member of the opposite sex imaginable. like jazz. and im sure drugs can get u almost as high if not higher than playing great jazz can, although if you say drop acid while playing great jazz maybe you win?
thats fucking awful
>>
>>7578311

No.
>>
>>7577128
It's just his prose, man. It puts me to sleep.
I could literally make a habit of reading his books if I ever find myself with trouble sleeping.
Can you explain it?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.