[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most poorly adapted novel of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

I was floored by this novel. There is so much in it that someone who solely knows of the pop culture icon of "Frankenstein's monster" would never know. I was particularly shocked to find that Frankenstein's monster isn't a grunting beast. He is ugly, but he is actually the novel's most eloquent and tragic character. Viktor Frankenstein wasn't a mad scientist. He was a brilliant young man who gained the power of a God, yet unlike God, he was selfish and didn't consider the well-being of his creation. There's a lot more to discuss. Regardless, it's just insane to me that this extremely fucked up, dark novel has been so utterly butchered in pop culture.

Any other thoughts?
>>
Maybe the book is a metaphor for the transformative power of pop culture.
>>
Robert de Niro and Kenneth Branagh made a movie in the 90s that was easily the best adaptation of the novel. De Niro is standard De Niro, but more squinty and touches his mole more. Branagh is the comfirmed bachelor who cheats on his partner a lot.

If I remember right, the movie as a whole is....reddit at best, but I remember the leads being whores towards their emotions.
>>
>>7571695
What does "Reddit at best" exactly mean?
>>
Where exactly did the bolt-headed, green skinned, lurched armed creature come into the public's mind from?
>>
>>7571699
It means the jig is up for OP as he is fake and gay.
>>
File: demiurge the hedgehog.png (55KB, 780x770px) Image search: [Google]
demiurge the hedgehog.png
55KB, 780x770px
>>7571664
>unlike God, he was selfish and didn't consider the well-being of his creation
>>
>>7571695
RasAlFlash508 points13 hours ago

That film hada lotof issues, but the acting wasn't one of them.
>>
>>7571664
>He was a brilliant young man who gained the power of a God, yet unlike God, he was selfish and didn't consider the well-being of his creation.

Isn't that intended to be allegorical to God's allowance of violence and misery in the world?
>>
>>7571701
The movie
>>
>this thread

fuckin gkek
>>
it was feminist
>>
I was taking about this with my lady friend the other day, if they were to make a faithful Oscar-bait adaption of Frankenstein it would be such a good movie.
>>
>>7572196
i actually ctrl f'ed this in the thread to see if you just cribbed it from there, this post is impressively /reddit/
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.