[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blood Meridian: Or, The Evening Redness in the West

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: blood-meridian.jpg (44KB, 352x530px) Image search: [Google]
blood-meridian.jpg
44KB, 352x530px
Hello.

I just finished Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian. Pretty crazy stuff; the evocation of atmosphere was very impressive. I sometimes found McCarthy's weird prose rules hard to follow but when they work they have sort of an admirable economy.

What is everyone's interpretation of the ending? Thoughts on the whole?
>>
Was it rape?
>>
>>7570167
well memed
>>
>>7570175

It may very well have been raped. Although I would be curious about what the judge does to the kid I just took away that the judge has thoroughly bested him. Like there is no doubt that the kid has any dignity value left after the judge is done.

What I am more curious about is the part with the hole drilling in the epilogue. When someone recommended the book to me someone said that it was McCarthy's last word against the judge but I didn't understand that interpretation.
>>
>>7570198

The Judge drilled a hole in the kids skull with his dick.
>>
>>7570215

*The Judge drilled a hole in The Kid's skull with his dick.

Sorry about that. My mistake.
>>
seriously though, what's with the epilogue m8?
>>
>>7570167
War never ends.
>>
>>7570167
>epilogue

if you think Blood Meridian has an ending you really should read No Country for Old Men and watch The Counselor.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.