[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

World Order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: world-order-cover.jpg (219KB, 2048x3095px) Image search: [Google]
world-order-cover.jpg
219KB, 2048x3095px
Is this book worth reading? Don't really know much about Kissinger, but I heard it's good. Have you guys read it?

>I'm guessing it's a thinly veiled blueprint for an eventual New World Order
>>
>>7569044
Isn't it like 300 pages? Just fucking read it.
>>
It is not thinly veiled

He basically says all major historical geopolitical powers tend to some pattern of world order and that the modern form is just a continuation of the past forms
>>
>>7569081
It sounds interesting because he mentions "how to build a shared international order in a world of divergent historical perspectives, violent conflict, proliferating technology, and ideological extremism."

I like books about transhumanism and all this real world "chaos" and fast-paced change.
>>
>>7569100
he uses the dangers of modern world as a pressure to create system of a world order

the hows are left out
>>
>>7569134
So, in essence, he urges "them" to establish a world order (whatever it may be). I dunno, senpai, what do you think? Would you read it?
>>
>>7569142
I have it and read it

There are policy makers who wrote books to justify their actions like volcker and mcnamara
and then there is the kissinger who still prideful over the choices they made

i would recommended if you haven't read his other work like diplomacy but it is just a defense of a point of view, it is not a long book, it's in huge fonts so it's not a heavy reading

the way i see it is he tries to put his work as a policy maker into the framework of a universal principal that "an order must be imposed on a chaotic system" so it doesn't answer any weakness or criticism, just that in his words, none of the predecessors are perfect but at least we are trying

not what i expect from a veteran but maybe his zealotry speaks to some deeper truth i suppose
>>
>>7569209
i agree with this guy. Kissinger wrote his books to pat himself in the back for opening China to the US during the Nixon administration, and to give a summary of what happened over the 4th quarter of the 20th century(which he pretty much orchestrated)

i read Diplomacy and I thought it was generally a good recollection of modern Western history. I learned a good amount and it was the jumping point to more specific topics I was interested in.
Just bought On China and im pretty excited about it.
>>
I would never buy his books for ethical reasons but there is no denying the man is a genius. definitely worth reading.
>>
>>7570854
whats the ethical reasons?
>>
>>7571576
He's a leftie spic
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.