[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dunsany Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Lord Dunsany.jpg (34KB, 433x565px) Image search: [Google]
Lord Dunsany.jpg
34KB, 433x565px
Does /lit/ like Lord Dunsany?
Personally. he's my favorite poet. I like his prose, and the imagery he conveys. It's funny, that I don't particularly like Lovecraft, but the few things by him I do like are his stories and poems that he admitted himself (and are obvious to everyone else, regardless of his admittance) are Dunsany-inspired.

Works from him I particularly enjoy are:
The Kith of the Elf-Folk
The Doom of La Traviata
The Beggars
The Unhappy Body
>>
Where would you recommend I start? Has to be fairly short.
>>
>>7568337
Start with Your Prodigious Engine
>>
>>7568337
Well, all of his works are short stories and poems, so ideally, you could start with anything from Dunsany.
>>
>>7568561
>Well, all of his works are short stories and poems

he wrote at least one novel, king of elfland's daughter
>>
I'd like to read him, but he is a little obscure, is hard to find his books (not even translations). I suppose he has some recognition thanks to lovecraft.
>>
All his works are online, fortunately.
Also, when I was in university, the school library had all - if not most - of his works. Very old, some of them first editions. It was very pleasing to me, that I should have found them. I own a copy of 'The Gods of Pegana' - however, it is not an old copy, but a new reprint circa 2009
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.