[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which black woman author is your personal favorite and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 13

File: z.jpg (71KB, 570x377px) Image search: [Google]
z.jpg
71KB, 570x377px
Which black woman author is your personal favorite and why?
>>
>>7567698
The one that doesn't talk about the hardship she didn't experience.
>>
>>7567701
When white guys like Zandi this is literally the criticism they get. That she writes like a white guy so does not count.
>>
File: 1448949315813.png (137KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1448949315813.png
137KB, 640x480px
>>7567708
?
>>
>>7567698
Toni Morrison is good. Beloved is kind of overrated, but she has a strong range elsewhere. Clearly trims superfluous passages out of her stories and properly researches her settings.
>>
"Woman" is a noun, OP. The word you're looking for is "female", which is an adjective. Hope this advice helps you in the future.
>>
>>7567698
Zadie Smith for real.

White Teeth is a strong novel. She writes straight white males as well as she writes black women, which few authors of any sort can claim.
>>
File: 8.jpg (96KB, 427x600px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
96KB, 427x600px
>black
>woman
>author

This is like saying "shit vomit pizza"
>>
>>7567762
She is basically white anyway. I mean in terms of upbringing. Her real name is Sadie.
>>
>>7567786
>White
>In terms of upbringing

White is a color. People either act civilized or they don't. The notion that to be civilized is to be white is the exact reason why those negros wallow within their slums.
>>
I've never read a black author.
Hope that we'll get cardinal Sarah for the next pope so his works will be published here and I'll have access to quality negro writings.
>>
David Foster Wallace
>>
i don't rate blacks or women writers. they don't understand the true facts about existence and spirituality and ethics.

t. an /r9k/ and /pol/ intellectual
>>
>>7567804
Is black a colour too? Is there no black culture?
>>
>>7567804
This.

White just means "acting like a decent human being." It's freely open to any ethnics, they just don't take it.
>>
>>7567698

desu I don't think I've read any yet or had any reason too, as this >>7567762
anon said White Teeth is good which is what I heard but I have not got around to it
>>
>>7567701
why does it bother you when writers explore their own cultural background?

"talking about hardships he didn't experience" literally describes James Joyce
>>
>>7567762
Black women are generally better at writing white men than white men are at writing black women

Just look at DFW lol
>>
>>7567842
because blacks and women have never REALLY been "oppressed".
>>
>>7567762
Makes sense since her dad is white and her mom is black.

So /lit/ got halfway to reading a black author. Not bad, I suppose.
>>
>>7567869
I have to go vomit and shower now
>>
>>7567842
I mean in terms of when they preach slavery. If a person writes about a time someone spewed obscenities towards them unprovoked for the purpose of envoking an emotional response then they are completely warranted to describe their feelings during the situation and in hindsight; but when you have youthful negros alive today speaking about how they were apart of race riots and acting as it they themselves were forced to pick cotton, then it becomes a problem. They become slaves to invisible masters, and not even a slave is worthy of death.
>>
>>7567786
>white in terms of upbriging

d i e
>>
>tfw reading mostly standard canon Western literary fiction
>I really am reading mostly dead white men
>last book by a woman I read was Tuchman's book about the 14th century like two years ago
>read plenty of Middle Eastern/East Asian lit but almost nothing by Africans other than the Yams trilogy
>almost no contemporary lit
Do I just have a specific taste in literature or is tumblr right and am I really acting on unconcious biases?
>>
>>7567804
She's mixed race. I doubt she would have enough brain capacity to be a good writer if she had had two fully black parents.
>>
>>7567877
This. I've fucking had it hearing about "muh slavery" every time a black book comes out.

Get over it already. You won't make me feel bad about it
>>
>>7567810
Really?

It's hard to imagine never reading Morrison, Dumas, Fanon, Walker, Hurston, Angelou, Baldwin, Ellison, or Hughes

I'd argue that you are not an educated person, if you've never read at least one of those authors.
>>
>>7567862
HAHA WHAT THE FUCK

Here we go boys

This is some NEXT LEVEL delusion
>>
>>7567887
You've learned to read a certain way and to enjoy certain writings.

It doesn't have to be 'unconscious'.
It doesn't mean it's automatically a bad thing, though, much less racist.
>>
>>7567901
>It's hard to imagine never reading Morrison, Dumas, Fanon, Walker, Hurston, Angelou, Baldwin, Ellison, or Hughes

Literally all irrelevant. Dumas is good for kids, I guess.
>>
>>7567906
>no arguments, just silly insults

leftists everyone
>>
>>7567901
>It's hard to imagine never reading Morrison, Dumas, Fanon, Walker, Hurston, Angelou, Baldwin, Ellison, or Hughes

They're all shit, being taught in school because of cultural marxism, to get white kids to entertain the notion of treating blacks like equals and hence engage in interracial relationships to breed out whiteness.

take the redpill, sheep
>>
>>7567887
Reading isn't like playing a video game and it requires effort. It's also important to find something worthwhile to read because it's so time consuming and mentally engaging. So looking for quality literature in classics is a natural way to go.
Old literature has been tested by time and found worthy.
It's also culturally relevant and improves your level of education.
>>
>>7567901
Go to bed, Oprah
>>
>>7567901
I've read Morrison, Walker, Hurston, Angelou, and Hughes in American public high school, and I can say with confidence that they were a waste of my time. If somebody never got around to reading them, it would be to their eductational benefit
>>
>>7567762
>She writes straight white males as well as she writes black women
Jesus christ.
>>
>>7567901
Outside Dumas who was quite white, who the fuck are these?
>>
>>7567762
David Foster Wallace writes black women as well as he writes straight white males.
>>
>>7567934
Also speaking of the French Dumas of course.
>>
>>7567934
Apart from Fanon it's just American trash. They actually believe their "literature" is relevant to the rest of the world and not just provincial navel-gazing bullshit.
>>
>>7567842
I'm skeptical by default of anyone who writes a Black Oppression novel today, and I'm skeptical of anyone who gives those works undue praise. It's the literary equivalent of Oscar bait - it's quick way of cashing in for some sympathy points.

Joyce's cultural environment was different - he wasn't trying to exploit a popular interest in Irish culture and history. (Maybe someone will tell me I'm wrong here)
>>
>>7567944
I'm not American, so there is literally no reason for me to read them.
Maybe Samuel Delaney this year.
>>
>>7567957
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_revolutionary_period
>>
>>7567887
If you were acting on unconscious biases, would it really matter?
>>
I'd rather spend my time and money on dead white males than anymore "mmmm love me some yams" shit
>>
>>7567964
Ok, fair enough. I knew I was talking about a period of history that I was ignorant about.

My backup defense is that Joyce was simply an amazing prose stylist, and his work was good in spite of the arcane references to his childhood, not because of it.
>>
>>7567965
I would be missing out on some pretty good reads for reasons I wasn't even aware of.
>>
>>7567937
Wardine be ___ ?
>>
>>7567982
It also helps that as an American living in today's cultural environment, I have much less exposure to Irish history and culture. Whereas with black history and culture, I've been told for years that black history and art is very interesting and important, and white people did such evil things to black people and don't you feel bad about that, and black people have such good music and they're so funny, and it would really help if you could set aside your white privilege for a second and donate to this black woman's patreon.

It makes me a little defensive.
>>
>>7567982
Look at you surrendering like a pussy at the first sign of resistance. Typical millennial white male.
>>
>>7567999
Same with women and gays. White heterosexual males are oppressed.
>>
>>7567982
Just stop.
>>
>>7568005
Why would I continue to defend a thesis which I admitted I had no evidence for in the first place? There's nothing wrong with admitting that you're incorrect or ignorant about a subject.
>>
>>7568006
Nice ebin strawman 10/10 friend. :^)
>>
>>7567786
>black wyoman who can actually write
>she is basically white

kek
>>
>>7567731
Agreed, the Bluest Eye had a nice sort of layered structure.
>>
>>7567771
This is like tipping your fedora clean off your head
>>
File: gyllenhell.gif (467KB, 300x280px) Image search: [Google]
gyllenhell.gif
467KB, 300x280px
>>7567831
I think you've completely missed the point of the post...
>>
>>7567917
>>7567862
>no arguments, just meaningless statements that overlook hundreds of years of slavery and racism

what the fuck am I even responding to this for, no effort has even gone into this bait
>>
>>7567934
Dumas was black. Thank the one-drop rule
>>
>>7568066
Black people don't only exist in America.
Irish also had it worse than blacks, heck were even more numerous as slaves. And yet, Joyce.
>>
>>7568078
Did they photoshop his photos in the 19th century?
>>
>>7568080
>Person (a) was oppressed less than (b) therefore they weren't oppressed at all

go2bed anon
>>
>>7567937
bait
>>
>>7567957
lol m8

Ulysses is a post-colonial novel that is deliberately set in the time when Ireland was controlled by Britain

The novel's keystone scene involves two Irishmen being attacked by British soldiers, for chrissakes
>>
>>7568084
nah they just used bright lights to mute his skintone

everybody in the know knew that his father was a black French general, though
>>
>>7568080
>Irish also had it worse than blacks
that's a lie and you know it
>>
>>7568146
They did in England
>>
>>7568183
England didn't have a huge need for slaves due to the lack of plantations etc, most slaves were sent across to the new world where Irish wouldn't have been treated nearly as badly as black slaves.
>>
>>7568211
>attempting to quantify suffering

step it up lad
>>
>>7567698
I like her skull but her "literature" is rather shit to be quite honest
>>
File: 1446154883647.jpg (78KB, 568x554px) Image search: [Google]
1446154883647.jpg
78KB, 568x554px
>>7567901
Lmao. I'm glad to see that the black nationalism meme is catching on around here, post-ironically.
>>
The Irish are living proof you can overcome racism.

Black people easily could if they really wanted to, they are just too comfortable where they are at right now.
>>
>>7567901
>this is what progressives actually believe
>>
>>7568289
No people just really care about skin tone, its not about all the crime and shit :^)
>>
>>7567929

Morrison accurately expresses negro self esteem in her generation. She's a good writer, and worth reading at least one of her books, if you want to understand black people.
>>
>>7568384
Irish people have higher IQ than blacks and are more capable of integrating and contributing to society.
>>
File: MayaAngelouPresObama.jpg (32KB, 440x321px) Image search: [Google]
MayaAngelouPresObama.jpg
32KB, 440x321px
>>7567698
>any other answer
>>
>>7568409

Intelligence is plastic, and dependent on early life experiences.
>>
>>7568289
>easily overcome economic disadvantage
>easily overcome subpar school systems
>easily overcome living in an area where the best way to feed yourself is to deal drugs
>easily overcome not having access to a car, positive mentorship, or a steady income
>easily overcome being raised by a single parent or grandparent who has to work two or three minimum wage jobs just to get by.

As the Irish naturalized (assuming you're speaking about America), they were no longer considered "Irish" and they started being considered "White." They were no longer kept out of the institutions they were once excluded from, and they were, by most intents and purposes, indistinguishable from Anglo whites.

That possibility isn't open to black people.
>>
>>7568136
Person a) was oppressed less and produced less and acts like a bunch of apes in western societies a lot more than should be the case. So oppression isn't an exucse for much really.
>>7568211
The English hated the Irish a lot more than they did with blacks. They had it worse.
>>
>>7568453
Yeah, they literally have it easier. All that affirmative action.
>>
>>7567929
You have no taste.
>>
>>7567698
Morrison, she's one of the few I have read and I thought Beloved was worthwhile.
>>
>>7567731
She's garbage. Least deserving nobel prize.
>>
File: louie_ck3.jpg (297KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
louie_ck3.jpg
297KB, 750x500px
>>7568453
>indistinguishable from Anglo whites
Future looking up for Mexicans~~
>>
>>7568453
You fucking retard cuck, Irish were literally sent down into tunnels with dynamite and only a shovel to cover their face when it was set off.

Drinking was a massive problem in their communities and the money does not even stay in the neighborhood like it does with drugs.

They overcame prejudice at a time all the whiny shit you talk about would not even be within their wildest dreams. They picked themselves up as a people, which blacks just don't.

Irish becoming "white" only happened after they fixed their problems, and they felt the same institutionalized prejudices while that process was occurring and for a long time afterwards.
>implying you can't tell the Irish apart from whites.
You are just glazing over history.
Asian people also integrated and are accepted by society and they faced worse discrimination and had lower populations than blacks. They had less support and still succeeded. Are you going to make the argument that you cant tell if someone is asian?

Skin color is not an explanation. Lack of opportunity is not a total explanation.
>>
>>7568453
Go to bed, Noel.
>>
>>7568464
>10 white people to one black person an office
>White people placed throughout the company's power structure
>People with "black names" less likely to be hired, despite qualifications
http://www.nber.org/digest/sep03/w9873.html
>Blacks without criminal records are only as likely to be hired for some jobs as white ex-cons
http://paa2005.princeton.edu/papers/50874
>Because white people know more white people than anyone else, nepotism between whites happens all the time
>"Bu-bu-bb-buh blacks have it easy! Affirmative Action!"
>>
>>7567901
>you have to read trash to be educated
>>
>>7568499
>>7568482
>>
>>7568499
>creating a false double standard because you mistakenly believe the parties being compared are the same.
>>
>>7568482
Racism is an explanation.
>>
>>7568499
>niggas dun git nun big gubbment jobs so they o-pressed!
>nut r fult!
>>
>>7568418
It is at least partly heritable. Sub-Saharan Africans are evolved to thrive in a different environment; allowing them to live in white post-industrial society (as citizens) is trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
>>
>>7568514
Right, because racism is only there for blacks and wasn't for japs during and after wwii and irish who were pretty much always hated by protties
>>
>>7568513
Believing that the parties aren't the same, despite equivalent qualifications, is called discrimination upon the basis of race.
>>
>>7568518
You're illiterate.
>>
>>7568530
fuggin witeboi calln me illiteraty bich u jus beggin 4 a cap in yo ass nd this DIKK in yo girls
>>
File: Smug Jay.jpg (62KB, 960x643px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Jay.jpg
62KB, 960x643px
>black woman author

top kek
>>
>>7568521
I didn't say that.
>>
>>7568524
Which doesn't impact the truthfulness of the claim
>>
>>7568499
wow its almost like black people are universally known for being shoddy, lazy workers
>>
>>7568453
fucking lmao
>>
>>7568534
No one black has said "cap in your ass" since, like, 2002. What's next? Are you going to pretend we still run around yelling about jive turkeys?
>>
>>7568514
No its not because people with similar conditions and similar racism have gotten out of it.

Blacks undoubtedly fave racism, but they crumple under it instead of coming together and rising as a people, as Irish, Italians, Indians, Asians, previous middle eastern migrant people did.

I've even been to Nigeria because my GF is black as the night, and her father gave me a good long talking to about why when black people succeed the first thing they do is GTFO of the black community.

Its not a actual genetic-race issue, but it is a cultural-race issue. Black culture is cancerous.
Blacks commit more crime to their own people, to others regardless of their background or socioeconomic class. They commit more crime than any other group even when controlled for their adversities.

If you made the entire black population of any ghetto asian but kept the "lack of opportunity and racism" they face the same they would be functioning within 1-2 generations.
>>
>>7568524
>Believing that the parties aren't the same, despite equivalent qualifications,
There a cultural and linguistic differences between black and white Americans that could a white employee more valuable than a black applicant with greater qualifications. Often times double standards, like in this case, are based solely on delusion.
>>
>>7568543
muhfugga tink he no BLAKK sturrgels uh huh u beggin
>>
>>7568539
>>7568538
Discrimination upon the basis of race is fundamentally unjust and has no place in a decent society.

I always find it funny that the people who don't have a problem with it aren't affected by it.
>>
>>7568562
IT'S 2016 YOU SHITLORD
>>
>>7568551
But that's all bullshit, isn't it?
>>
>>7568554
What's "beggin?"
>>
>>7568562
>Discrimination upon the basis of race is fundamentally unjust and has no place in a decent society.
Why?

You need to actually argue, you spoiled nignog. I'm not your homo-ass TA who sucks your dick for being o-pressed and writing about how o-pressed you are and how nothing is your fault ever and you deserve everything.
>>7568577
fo a cap nigga
>>
>>7568570
Racial discrimination is all over because it's 2016.

Oh shit. It isn't. Damn.
>>
>>7568585
Racial discrimination is pretty based.
>>
>>7568562
Nobody is arguing that discrimination is good; the argument has been, and has always been, that similar groups have faced equal or worse discrimination and have overcome it, and that there is no total expiation for the lack of black peoples ability to make headway as a community to be found in pure racism/oppression.

I find it funny that this straw man about "it's so easy to say when it does not effect you" is always leveled at any criticism like its only white people saying this shit.
Ask any brown/indian/asian cap driver what he thinks, who runs without paying, who makes a mess.
Why is it that businesses in black areas are run by other minorities.

Black people who are out of black cultures behave normal. Black ghettos are the worst always. Period. In any country.
>>
File: 1426485088571.png (45KB, 854x404px) Image search: [Google]
1426485088571.png
45KB, 854x404px
>>7567901
>Angelou
>>
>>7568580
>Why?
Because race in and of itself is arbitrary and has nothing to do with experience or qualifications.

>You need to actually argue, you spoiled nignog. I'm not your homo-ass TA who sucks your dick for being o-pressed and writing about how o-pressed you are and how nothing is your fault ever and you deserve everything.

Looks like someone's flustered that a black guy got a higher grade on a paper than he did.

qq

>fo a cap nigga
Oh.
>>
>>7568573
IT depends on how you feel about equality. From the perspective of a company, not a having a certain name or not speaking a specific dialect could be an asset in and of itself.

>>7568562
>Discrimination upon the basis of race is fundamentally unjust
On what basis?
> no place in a decent society.
What if such acts could allow them to better society as a whole?

>I always find it funny that the people who don't have a problem with it aren't affected by it.
Perhaps it gives them a greater sense of objectivity on the matter. At least they don't see themselves as so important that actions taken against them aren't a violation a a greater and likely arbitrary moral principle.
>>
>>7568585
Discrimination is coming back in fashion this year. The right is rising and I can't wait for the real violence to begin
>>
>>7568610
>Because race in and of itself is arbitrary and has nothing to do with experience or qualifications.
Why is this bad?
>Looks like someone's flustered that a black guy got a higher grade on a paper than he did.
Nope, I'm also not in school you assumptuous nignog. The only blacks that go to school here are directly from Africa and are actually intelligent and hardworking, African Americans and refugees meanwhile just smoke weed. play basketball, and make everywhere they live uninhabitable.

muh feelings isn't an objective argument.
>>
>>7568614

But that's all just bullshit, isn't it?
>>
>>7568562
>I always find it funny that the people who don't have a problem with it aren't affected by it.

Almost like how the people claiming discrimination and racism directed toward their collective is responsible for their shortcomings and therefore it's white people's responsibility to elevate them are invariably black.

Go figure.
>>
>>7568625
>Why is this bad?
Because it's unjust.

Fuck, man. I really dig justice. I like it when bad people go to jail and when good people are rewarded.
>>
>>7568657
>Because it's unjust.
Why?
>I really dig justice
No, you like it when dem big bad meanies get punished while people you like are rewarded.
>these people get to go to university for free.
>>
>>7568657
What is justice
>>
>>7568610
>Race is arbitrary and has nothing to do with experience or qualifications
>makes an argument about why race matters and why he needs to be treated differently because of it and why white people must take responsibility because of some aggregate data about discrimination

It's so weird how people who won't shut the fuck up about "institutionalized racism" suddenly become staunch individualists when it comes to the actions and capabilities of minorities.
>>
>>7568632
Perhaps but the same could be said for the arguments to the contrary.
>>
>>7568633
>Almost like how the people claiming discrimination and racism directed toward their collective is responsible for their shortcomings

But that's just fact.

>and therefore it's white people's responsibility to elevate them are invariably black.

It's not white people's responsibility to elevate anyone. It is everyone's responsibility to not be racist.

I don't see how saying

"Hey, the lack of school funding in poor, black neighborhoods is really terrible and causing problems"

Or

"Hey, the minimum wage hasn't been raised in a long time, so now poor blacks have to work harder and longer just to keep up with inflation. Let's change that."

Or

"Hey maybe that white cop shouldn't have rolled up on that black kid with a toy gun and shot him instantly. Maybe there was a better way to go about that situation"

is the same as saying "It's white peoples' responsibility to save me."

Instead, it's saying that this is my country also, and my people have a right to fight for laws that better our condition instead of reinforce our subjugation.
>>
>>7568657
But if black people are criminals so often that shows that they were not good people in the first place.

Making the argument that they would have been good if they had more isn't justice, its holding justice hostage.
>>
>>7568668
I went to university for free on an academic scholarship based on objective measures like test scores. But whatever, right?
>>
>>7568728
>test scores
That were raised because you iz a niqqa.

Test scores aren't objective, by the way, because tests aren't objective.
>>
>>7568710
>Making the argument that they would have been good if they had more isn't justice, its holding justice hostage.

No. It's common sense.

Look. I'm not saying that a black person who committed a punishable offense shouldn't face punishment because they're black.

I'm saying that certain economic and racial conditions create an environment that breed a certain type of individual. I want to change those conditions so that fewer of those individuals are produced (and primarily to promote a more just society)
>>
>>7568761
>it's common sense
Not an argument you dumb nignog.
>i-i totally went to university for free becuz im smart!
>>
>>7568773
My argument was in the proceeding sentences.

But I forgot. You're illiterate.
>>
>>7567957
And it's people like you who make it all the more essential that we have black writers writing about their oppression, because it is a very real and concrete thing in this world
>>
>>7567698
Why is it that 'black' authors with white dads are always quite good?
>>
>>7568780
>you're illiterate
Said the one who doesn't know how to be even remotely objective, logical, or civil.
>WHAT I LIKE IS JUST
>EVERYTHING I DONT LIKE IS UNJUST
>IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME YOUR WRONG
>IM SMART GUYS IF YOU DISAGREE YOU ARENT SMART
>>
>>7568808
But your mom's a shit author. She's only good at farting cum bubbles.
>>
>>7568706
>My people have a right to advocate for laws out of self-interest and tribalism
>your people don't have a right to not wish to accommodate us on everything or deny anything when we blame you because of historical injustices, it's just the facts and justice
>oh btw race is arbitrary and we're all individuals xD
>>
>>7567731
>>7568473

I agree with this man. She is a talentless hack
>>
>>7568473
>Least deserving nobel prize.
There was that year when the two judges gave the award to themselves.
>>
>>7567810
Brief history of seven killings is the shit.

Fuck color purple/invisible man garbage
>>
>>7568942
i have yet to hear a single person who's actually read martinson use this argument

there was absolutely nothing undesrving about giving aniara a nobel prize.

i'm not familiar with johnson and i dont claim the academy is perfect, but
1. they're not electing "best author of all time"
2. they're drawing attention/giving recognition to generally good/worthwhile authors
3. they have very few misses, especially after the first couple decades of "formative years"
4. the "nameless scandinavian" meme is fucking stupid and ignorant, and they award a hell of a less awards to scandinavians than american/british press would have you believe

tl;dr go read aniara
>>
>>7568951
Invisible Man is the greatest Great American Novel, and fuck you.
>>
>>7568499
Former office ops manager here, we would go so far as to not give interviews based on wiki demographics.

Barring out homosexuals, blacks are indolent unmotivated workers who do everything they can to not push themselves.

I understand why whips were used.
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 326x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 326x383px
>>7568211
>thinking that slaves are just used for plantations
>>
>>7568952
They gave it to themselves over Nabokov. How did they deserve it more than him.
>>
>>7568980
again with you (and seemingly everyone else's) huge misconception

the prize is not there to give it to the best author alive. it's not a head to head competition of literary highlander.
>>
>>7568989
>one part to the person who shall have produced in the field of literature the most outstanding work in an ideal direction

Ho is their work the most outstanding when compared to Nabokov's?
>>
>>7569054
You obviously have your mind made up already so whatever. No one is forcing you to engage with the Nobel at all if you don't want to.

But try reading Aniara first before sperging
>>
>>7569063
I'm not sure if reading it in translation would would change my mind. I wasn't even trying too bash their work. My only claim is that Morrison is not the least deserving recipient of that award.
>>
probably tubman.
>>
>>7569130
I prefer tubgirl
>>
>>7569151
Her name is harriet tubman.
>>
>>7568969
This is literally illegal.
>>
so much race baiting in this thread
the reason you shouldn't bother reading negresses is because they're women, not because they're black
>>
>>7569651
too small an effort to save too long-lived a thread but have my keks
>>
>>7568844

Hmm.
>>
File: 1446549010020.jpg (60KB, 540x690px) Image search: [Google]
1446549010020.jpg
60KB, 540x690px
>>7569651
DESU:

White men > Asian Men > Asian Women > Most Other Men > Black Women > White women (with like 10~ exceptions up near Asian Men) > Black Men.

This is not race baiting, but I actually believe this.
>>
>>7570018
thank you for putting Asian women above white women, this makes me feel better
>>
>>7570018
Is this about literature? Because if it is in general Black men > Black women.
Black men invented jazz and peanut butter. Black women didn't do shit except get pregnant at 16.
>>
>>7567957
what

Joyce was literally exploiting the global interest in Irish independence
>>
File: 1449014182150.jpg (33KB, 420x479px) Image search: [Google]
1449014182150.jpg
33KB, 420x479px
>>7570074
It is about literature.

>>7570050
I got you senpai.
>>
File: 1452486887773.jpg (24KB, 296x283px) Image search: [Google]
1452486887773.jpg
24KB, 296x283px
>>7570649
Joyce was a fucking platonist prose master, don't use the fact that he wrote about what he knew to justify muh oppression platitude novels.
>>
Dindus pls.
>>
>>7570649
he wanted to get away from Ireland as quickly as he could. I don't think he ever moved there again after 1914. He just wrote about it because he knew about it and knew that conflicts like that happened all over
>>
>>7567862
>never REALLY been "oppressed".
What is: The Atlantic Slave Trade
What is: Jim Crowe
What is: The War on Drugs

If you've got problems with these examples I can recommend reading. What's REAL oppression in your opinion?
>>
>>7571191

It's the same as a true Scotsman I'm sure.
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.