[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have to write an 800 word statement for my university application

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 8e8.png (8KB, 509x619px) Image search: [Google]
8e8.png
8KB, 509x619px
>have to write an 800 word statement for my university application
>deadline is in 5 days

kill me
>>
800 word?

Whats it about?

Maybe I can help. I know how hard it is to get over the hump of writing good about yourself.
>>
>>7567203

Write about your massive anxiety and inability w.r.t. writing a mere 800 words and relate it to how they would want you as a pupil.

Sage.
>>
1] In the case where X is an increasingly larger number
1.1] >have to write an X^-1 _____ for my _____
>due in X^2 days

kill me / help me /lit/

Pack it up boys
>>
>>7567208
me again

OP.

Can you me a favor and word vomit an outline? how ever many words it takes to get some kind of point across.
>>
>>7567217

whereof one does not know, thereof one cannot meme
>>
Have you mailed your transcripts? If not, are you ready to take a year off?
>>
>>7567236
>Have you mailed your transcripts?

wut
>>
>>7567231
It's a personal statement for my UCAS application. You need one when applying for university in the UK.

Basically you talk about yourself, and why you should be accepted by the uni you're applying to.

800 words just seems like a decent amount to me. Not too long, but not short either etc.
>>
>>7567250
I'm going to assume you are not being dramatic.

All that statement needs is lots of school spirit 'i've wanted to go to oxford since i was young this is what i've been doing and these are my goals for your school.'

Learn to steal.

google 800 word statements find one you love.

steal rewrite edit rewrite, add X uni in place of Y uni.

It is ok that you are an amateur writer and you are stealing ideas. So long as you analyze why the ideas are good. After a few thievings you will develop your style.Then you should be able to crank out a 5000 word statement in an evening because you understand what your doing, what the assignment is, and how writing works.

You will do these statements for the rest of your life in academia get good now so you can stop the suffering.
>>
>>7567305
Oh, and just so you don't fuck it up with your 'ideas' do a rough draft as soon as possible and go visit one of your old teachers or go to a close by uni and talk to an english professor and ask them for advice.

Strangers will deny your request for editing, this is not a bad thing because you can ask other strangers until one helps.

This will build networking skills so you can develop a support network of people who like you so you don't have to go to fucking 4chan to cry about 800 words.
>>
>>7567305
>your
>>
File: 1433069027477.gif (567KB, 300x456px) Image search: [Google]
1433069027477.gif
567KB, 300x456px
>>7567203
>tfw recently received a /lit/ offer from Oxford
>>
>>7567325
but networking is for fags and im not gay
>>
>>7567203
>
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/when-apply/writing-personal-statement
I found this when I wrote mine OP
>>
File: 1421606541220.png (365KB, 784x943px) Image search: [Google]
1421606541220.png
365KB, 784x943px
I feel that, anon. My transfer apps aren't due until March, but I'm trying to get all of my essay drafts out of the way before classes start up again.

Good luck, OP.
>>
college admissions process is so stupid, it should just be based on an aptitude test and nothing else.
>>
>>7567432

Oxford /lit/ first year here, well done

Which college?
>>
>>7567485
Then universities would be filled with autistic sociopaths.
>>
>>7567559
But they're already filled with Asians Anon.
>>
File: 1233547668.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1233547668.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>7567432
Thanks for making me feel like shit.
>>
I'm in the same boat. Law School Personal Statement but the earliest law school deadlines are February 1st (though I was told I should get them in "well ahead" of the deadline, fuck it, yolo swag.)
>>
File: peprident of gambia.png (56KB, 159x182px) Image search: [Google]
peprident of gambia.png
56KB, 159x182px
>mfw all universities in Sweden lets you into all the courses, as well as the NEETbux club, as long as you have decent grades
>>
800 words is nothing, it takes longer than that to accurately represent a complex idea.
>>7567242
Americans are retarded and don't just call schools and request transcripts.
>>
>>7567432
>read: i got rejected from cambridge
>>
UCAS is very easy.

Write an introduction to you personally and why you want to study your course, what motivated you etc. 'I attended a lecture...' 'I was inspired because of X...' 'I have always had in mind...'

Then write about the experience you think you have for the subject. If you're doing the similar subject you're applying about, write specifically about that and why it will help - I have been set an independent study programme by my teacher etc, my essay writing has been praised, I widely read before attending class. Then write about your other subjects and how they help.

Then write about you personally again - what have you read? What do you do in your spare time that is relevant, and if not relevant, how it helps? What newspapers, journals, magazines do you subscribe to to advance your knowledge? 'I subscribe to the Salisbury Review... I listen to LBC to further my analysis... I work as a waiter which enables me to communicate effectively'.

End with a sentence of why you want to study at university and how it'd be an honour, and maybe what you'd like to do for a career. 'I want to become an astronaut... I am applying to your respected institution to further myself with the tools you can offer'.

Now I am going to close my UCAS application, but I got accepted for all my options despite the fact I had lower predicted grades than for some I applied to. So I guess it worked.

All the best OP. Stop being a fucking child and write.
>>
>>7567557
St Peters

>>7568724
:^^^^^^)
>>
>>7568688

>tfw Denmark has the same arrangement and isn't overrun by immigrants and refugees who by all projections will annihilate your welfare state in the coming decade

It's a bittersweet sort of feel brother. On one hand, fuck you for taking Skåne, on the other, sad to see you go.
>>
>>7567203
If you can't write 800 words, why are you going to university?
>>
>>7567203
Lmao I wrote it in an hour
>>
>>7567559
IQ and autism are not positively correlated
>>
>>7567203

days 1-3: write 3,000-word draft (1k words/day)
days 4-5: edit down to 800 words
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.