Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
2016-01-10 12:26:39 Post No. 7566859
Post No. 7566859
After the utter failure of Ideology Lit and PineCone, it's time for another poorly planned disaster.
This time the theme is "Noir, in a city". That's it. I'll collect submissions for two months, then collect everything that’s worth reading into a pdf. The pdf wont be published like the redditfags, it'll just be for us to look at. If it works out well, maybe I'll put together a little website or tumblr or some shit, but for now it’s just a writing exercise and a chance to get people reading your work.
There will be a $25 prize for best story, delivered through paypal. It’s just a small reward to show appreciation for the work. In addition to that, I can help whoever actually submits stuff worth publishing get published. I've worked in the industry for about 5 years now.
There are no donation or submission fees, obviously.
1. Send all submissions in a Word or notepad file to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like, you can put your name on them. Anonymous is fine.
2. Submissions will be accepted until March 10th, 2016, at 4 P.M EST.
3. Since this is just for fun, I have no problem helping people with editing their work. Please indicate in your email if you would like me to assist in editing before I consider it for the magazine.
4. Best story is chosen completely arbitrarily by me. I'll be the only one editing and compiling this. I don’t give a shit about anyone else’s opinion.
5. Along with your submission, you can send one picture from the NY Public Library Public Domain, http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/. It's an easy way to provide an aesthetic.
6. All forms of work will be accepted, but it needs to be related to noir. If you can shit out a noir poem, go for it.