[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It is a self-help book, but I'd like to hear what you guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: psycho.jpg (17KB, 231x346px) Image search: [Google]
psycho.jpg
17KB, 231x346px
It is a self-help book, but I'd like to hear what you guys think of it. For those who read it, did it actually help you in some way?
>>
I've heard a lot about how you should consciously choose to behave as though you were a psychopath in order to be successful. Which I refuse to do, and which is probably the reason I'm not successful.

But I have read the book by the other Dutton. It was pretty good.
>>
Looks interesting.... I'll search it, Thanks!
>>
>>7565784
It's currently sitting on my bedside table, bought it a few days ago. Liking it so far, surprised it has any traction here.
>>
>>7565784
The notion of "wisdom", as well as the typical fascination for "psychopaths", are both red flags.

This is the first I've heard of it, but I guess it's mainly about pretending, or about putting up a facade. This would make it just another medium for stoic slave-ideology among many others.
>>
>>7567460
>stoic slave-ideology
w-what do you mean by that
>>
>>7567465
I call stoicism a slave ideology because it dampens social action. The stoic slave would never even consider rising up against his master, but would rather stick to his chores with a smile on his face.

Judging from the cover, I figured that this book would be along those lines.
>>
>>7567478
what is its opposite? i-i don't want to be a slave
>>
>>7567480
Since this is a self-help book, I assume that its main "stage" is the workplace. Being a stoic in this context would mean sucking up to your superiors and putting up with their bullshitting. It's antithesis would be being brutally honest with them, and never hesitating to point out their and their workplace's faults.

In a wider societal context, being an anti-stoic would also mean being a revolutionary(an actual militant, not just some liberal sjw).
>>
>>7567495
but i don't want to lose my job by being too brutally honest either ;_;
>>
>>7567504
Burn that rubbish book, Anon. You only need three self help books, and those are the following:
>The Phenomenology of Spirit, by Hegel
>The Communist Manifesto, by Marx
>History and Class Consciousness, by Lukacs

With the help of these books, you can not only completely disregard what your superiors think, but also become your superior.

Don't bother reading any post-structural crap: it will weaken your revolutionary spirit.
>>
>>7567517

>With the help of these books, you can not only completely disregard what your superiors think, but also become your superior.

WUAJAJAJJJJJJ, and this is the guy who thinks stoicism is mental cancer

better give him the meme book, the ego and his own, at least he will not become a meme spouting faggot in fb
>>
>>7565784

I have never met a successful person who professed to read self-help books. I have met countless losers and fuck-ups who swore by them.

In essence, avoid book titles with colons and lenghty subtitles like the plague.
>>
>>7567478
>>
>>7567565
Then how do I learn how to improve myself ;_;
>>
>>7568431
Diogenes figured out the Jew trick 2500 years before Nietzche
>>
File: 61ZytVe+clL.jpg (123KB, 880x1360px) Image search: [Google]
61ZytVe+clL.jpg
123KB, 880x1360px
>>7567565
You will never find your goodpussy anon if you act like that. Hope you all are having a goodpussy day and a goodpussy life.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.