[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: literature's greatest autists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Don_Quixote.jpg (57KB, 600x488px) Image search: [Google]
Don_Quixote.jpg
57KB, 600x488px
ITT: literature's greatest autists
>>
>>7563813
You're a fucking idiot.

Kill yourself
>>
I was considering picking up this book, how is it?
>>
Stephen Dedalus

>>7563815
pls stop bullying
>>
I know. Sancho couldn't even vibe with the Don's knightly quest. Fucking autist.
>>
>>7563815
What's your problem? It's a valid interpretation of the character.

>>7563818
It's very good. Painful sometimes though, because Quixote the character is very cringe-y
>>
>>7563818
The pinnacle of western literature
>>
>>7563813

>>>/lgbt/
>>
File: rickderris.jpg (29KB, 317x421px) Image search: [Google]
rickderris.jpg
29KB, 317x421px
>>7563847
>cringe-y
Nigga did you even read the whole thing or was the sparknotes the optimal length for your garbage attention span
He's an absurd hero, and he acknowledges his absurdity, "cringe-y" stems from the fact that the people who you judge to be "cringe-y" are sincere.
>>
Can someone explain me what is the big deal about this book? I read it last year and I didn't find anything particularly interesting about it, some parts were fun, but that's it.
>>
>>7564040
Prepare your anus.
>>
>>7564040
>idk what i read
Go look up essays on what you read, dont ask on this retarded echo chamber
>>
>>7564030
>insinuating don quixote was doing it ironically
holy shit you're a moron

>>7564019
inexplicable
>>
>>7564040
You can get really lost in your thoughts trying to analyze it. It's one of those books that you never have to stop thinking about because it contains so much.
>>
>>7564030
how could you miss the point this hard
>>
>>7564040

It was the first novel.
>>
>>7564007
kek, it's lowbrow
>>
>>7563813
hope you niggers at least read Don Quijote in spanish
>>
>>7564079
I mean, yeah, I know its cultural significance is huge, but I don't understand why some people like it that much.
>>
>>7564069
>>7564077
"My idea is to become a lunatic for no reason at all"
In this phrase he acknowledges his craziness and he acknowledges his lack of reason for being crazy, Unamuno argues that Don Quixote is a protest against the necessity of dying. Don Quixote does all he does as a commentary on the absurdity of not being crazy and the absurdity of dying, thus making him an absurd hero.
>>
>>7564079

It was the first novel under what definition?
>>
>>7564103
as in modern novel, a made up prosaic narrative for aesthetic pleasure
>>
>>7564079
>>>/taleofgenji/
>>
>>7564115
>thinking eastern literature is relevant
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>7563813
you mistyped U instead of R
>>
>>7564080
You're an idiot.
>>7564097
What's the point on Alonso Quijano going back to sanity in his deadbed then?
I think don Quixote is sincere as he represents the last romantic warrior in a world that's moved on from those terms. The sanity of those who surround him through the story is shown as the actual insanity, which Sancho understands by the end of the novel.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.