[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I figured out how to stop suffering!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: HowToBeHappy.png (88KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
HowToBeHappy.png
88KB, 600x300px
You can either be a happy believer, or you can be a happy nonbeliever. You cannot be happy if you are in between.

Most people are taught from birth that everything matters for some inexplainable reason. For some people this is religion, and for some people it is an abstract concept that is never explored.

If your whole life is built around everything mattering because it simply does, the idea that it doesn't is terrifying. When someone starts to lose the belief, this usually causes them a lot of distress. A midlife crisis may happen. Depression may happen.

People who keep busy with school, work, socializing, never question their belief. However, once the seed of doubt is planted, it cannot be rooted out. Once you accept that their is nothing to believe in, you can be happy, but if you try to fight it, you end up depressed and sad.

So yeah, some people are happy and never question, some people are happy with nihilism, and some people are stuck between and fruitlessly attempt to reconcile belief and non belief. That's why you're on /lit/
>>
im on lit because i like books you platitudinal faggot

reportd for underage
>>
>>7563655
That last part was stupid, people are on /lit/ for a variety of reasons.
>>
>>7563645
Aristotle was a believer, while Plato was not, I think.
>>
>>7563645
underage pls leave
>>
If you have doubt about things then you're guaranteed to be intelligent and then more prone to suffering. What's new?
>>
>>7563789
Why do you think that?

>>7563799
People get stuck in doubt and never come to term with the lack of meaning. Intelligent, doubting people can still be happy.
>>
I'm happy as a faggot with a bag full of dicks desu
>>
>>7563953
>I'm as happy as a faggot with a bag full of dicks

ftfy
>>
>>7563953
I'm happy for you anon. I hope you stay happy for the rest of your life
>>
>>7563953
>I'm a faggot
fixed
>>
The examined life is not worth living.
>>
>>7564002
The apathetic life is not one worth examining
>>
>>7563893
>the lack of meaning

what did he mean by this
>>
File: 1452373660843.png (252KB, 654x486px) Image search: [Google]
1452373660843.png
252KB, 654x486px
The aporia of philosophy is whether to out-Hegel Hegel, or to revert to Kant. Lukács chose the former, and Adorno chose the latter.
>>
>>7564009
That many things in life are completely arbitrary.
>>
>>7564006
The alcoholic life is not worth examining.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.