[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are best drugs for reading books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (165KB, 2000x1450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 2000x1450px
What are best drugs for reading books?
>>
Sobriety
>>
Ritalin
>>
>>7562552
If I drink a glass of wine while reading I just fall asleep. I cant imagine what weed would do.
>>
L-theanine + caffeine
>>
>>7562561

This, Caffeine, Nicotine, Alcohol (just a little and depending on which book), and Cannabis (see alcohol)

Really it just depends on your disposition and what you're reading.
>>
Ritalin + weed
>>
File: 502.jpg (19KB, 351x359px) Image search: [Google]
502.jpg
19KB, 351x359px
>>7562635

>tfw you sober up from that combo and reread the book you realize you made up half the book in your head
>>
>>7562640
Fear and loathing in las vegas was great.
>>
low dose of opiates desu
>>
File: 1758-2946-1-3-20-l.jpg (46KB, 1200x442px) Image search: [Google]
1758-2946-1-3-20-l.jpg
46KB, 1200x442px
>>
I remember reading parts of Paradise Lost while I was tailing off an acid trip and literally getting teary-eyed and gasping aloud at its beauty and profundity haha. I imagine microdosing would be sufficient to recreate the effect.
>>
Usually none.

Read Vonnegut's Timequake while tripping on acid. That was fantastic. The book itself is one of the "trippiest" I've ever read, so it was an interesting combo that I really enjoyed.
>>
>>7562552
Stimulants
>>
>>7562552

Microdose of a psychedelic for greater immersion, amusement, satisfaction and creativity in interpretation. Heightens enjoyment without impairing function. Preferred choice is either mescaline or LSD. Mescaline feels more natural and relaxed in microdoses, whereas LSD can make you feel a bit wired - not in a bad way though.

Nicotine for prolonged focus. Nicotine is a powerful nootropic. I use snus for harm reduction reasons. Smoking daily is disgusting. When I did that I could feel the inflammation in my lungs.

Caffeine is great for focus too.

Dopaminergic stimulants, such as amphetamines and methylphenidate are somewhat useful for non-fiction in low doses. They do not work for fiction for me. They make me too autistic for that. Low doses are key, otherwise you'll end up masturbating for 4 hours.

Cannabis is great for poetry. My short-term memory gets completely and utterly shot when I'm high though, so I can't read anything but poetry with weed.

Alcohol enhances my enjoyment of most literature, provided I don't drink more than 1-2 units. Good all-round choice.

Opiates work with everything, and makes everything in the universe better. That's why they're the most dangerous. I greatly enjoy reading Shakespeare with a low dose of either morphine or oxycodone. Again, low doses are key. If I overdo it, I'll be losing focus or getting annoyed. I read parts of Dead Souls on morphine this autumn, one of the greatest literature experiences of my life.

Benzos are for anxious housewifes and will literally rot your brain. By far the plebbest drug in existence, on par with huffing solvents. Will completely destroy your abilities to reason, as well as annihilate your memory. Long term use leads to permanent cognitive deficits.

But ultimately, do it sober at least 90% of the time. Don't rely on drugs or they will fuck you.
>>
>>7562709
Pretty much hit the nail on the head, though I find if I hit the right level with weed I can read novels as well as poetry. Benzos are literal retard tier. I fucking hate how stupid they make me feel.
>>
>>7562709

fuck you now I want to try the ox so bad

never done opiates ;__;
>>
>>7562755
Is codeine otc in us? Not talking about "lean"
>>
>>7562780

Nope
>>
>>7562780

...Olivia Tremor Control?
>>
>>7562797
Listening to Olivia Tremor Control while high was on of the best things i did last holiday.
>>
>>7562709
What snus do you use? I switched from smoking to dip recently but I have to constantly spit into a cup when i'm inside. I hear you can just swallow snus spit but the only thing available to me is the Camel snus which I hear has hardly any nicotine.
>>
>>7562797
over the counter

>>7562810
everyone seems to only talk about black foliage but cubist castle is pretty good too
>>
>>7562902

Locally produced, I live in Scandinavia. If you use snus properly, you hardly salivate, and the small amount of spit it does generate can indeed be swallowed without any trouble.

I don't know about Camel snus, but snus in general has a lot more nicotine than cigarettes, so even if the nicotine content is low, I think it would still be a fine alternative to smoking. Otherwise, I assume you can get proper snus sent from Sweden, though I do not know any specific sellers.
>>
File: 2000px.png (83KB, 2000x986px) Image search: [Google]
2000px.png
83KB, 2000x986px
>>7562552
>>
I find after 2-5 pints I have many more moments of stopping to appreciate a book or prose or idea. Like wide eyed, mouth open, there's beauty and value in the universe and I'm bubbling over with joy. Reading high is hit or miss, sometimes it feels taxing, sometimes I'm absorbed into the book and other times I'd rather do something else or get drawn into random non-fiction I don't remember until 3 years later
>>
>>7563109
I'd order it online but it's illegal to do here in Washington. Might have to find some kind of specialty tobacco shop to try it out.
>>
In short, a mild stimulant is probably best.

ADHD drugs like ritalin and adderal are pretty amazing to read with. The few times I've taken some from my gf I read a lot, and found myself extremely immersed. Mix it with a strong coffee and you'll tear through your backlog.

If you can't get ADHD medication then just use caffeine. I like green tea because it has low enough caffeine that you don't end up crashing. I always crash when I drink coffee on it's own.

Nootropic drugs like piracetam, choline, and the like can be decent when combined with coffee.

Alcohol can sometimes be good, helps relax you and just read. Sometimes I get too worked up in wanting to understand everything that I miss out on the beauty of the written word. Alcohol helps me to just read without worrying.
>>
File: weed?.jpg (14KB, 480x343px) Image search: [Google]
weed?.jpg
14KB, 480x343px
Salvia, I become the book.
>>
Ambien
>>
XANAX
A
N
A
X
>>
>>7562676
You can read on acid? I only tried once but the words were all moving. Possible but very difficult. Not worth it.
>>
>>7566283

I'd venture you'd need a lowish dose or be on the come-up or come-down. Also drugs affect everyone differently.
>>
I read The Crying of Lot 49 one night on meth, and I did a shit-ton of reading when I was a stoner, but coffee does it for me now.
>>
>>7562552

Oxycodone. Taking 15mg is perfect.

Alcohol in moderation.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.