[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabakov

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: PaleFire.jpg (808KB, 1618x2538px) Image search: [Google]
PaleFire.jpg
808KB, 1618x2538px
What are your interpretations of this book?, ideas about how it's all put together, who wrote what, opinions on the poem inside, notes and references you think you've figured out and links to a quality analysis of the book and poem are all very welcome. I am already aware of Brian Boyd's analysis so leave that out. Thank You.
>>
Suck my balls.
>>
>>7562371
why?
>>
can you give a tldr of Boyds analysis for those of us who don't know it?
>>
I just read it a couple months ago and I can barely give a good analysis. I mostly just took things at face value and believed the things Kinbote told me. Im sure it would take a second reading to start catching the more difficult references.
>>
so far I have not read about any analysis's of the book. Should I taint my mind with others opinions or should I just think of it as I know it?
>>
>>7562456
I would highly recommend reading up on some of them, there's really intresting thoughts in some and they really shine a new light on the book.
>>
>>7562447
that's a shame, this is my second time reading it and I'm still really fascinated by it, finding some really funny stuff too. I feel like this is one of those books where reading it once just doesn't suffice.
>>
>>7562473
can you give an example of things you are finding? I'm not sure of the types of things I should be looking for.
>>
Not OP but you should all read https://www99.libraries.psu.edu/nabokov/boydpf1.htm

and a lot of the other stuff on this site. Very insightful if you care about Nabokov/aren't a pseud shitposting on /lit/.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.