[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memes and /pol/ aside, is this worth the read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 662.jpg (185KB, 299x475px) Image search: [Google]
662.jpg
185KB, 299x475px
Memes and /pol/ aside, is this worth the read?
>>
Not really
>>
complete trash

nothing even slightly redeeming about it
>>
>>7562152
Yes, it is.
>>
>>7562152
Why don't you give it a go yourself instead of meme-baiting...
>>
yes it is.
it IS a heavy book, and the prose is not stellar to say the least. but the message is very current and nothing about the content is dated.
liberals dont like it bc Rand laid out in a novel what statists have been doing since the US was founded, which is trying to control the industrialists and capitalists.
i would advise you to read Anthem or Fountainhead before this, though.
>>
This book needs an editor, half of it could have been cut down, and even if that happens it's still not worth reading.
>>
>>7562234
>the message is

this is how people who like the book the book think op

that should tell you everything
>>
>>7562239
whats your criticism of me saying "the message is"?
people here like Plato's Republic and Sun Tzu's Art of War bc they were ancient classics and are still relatable today. im not trying to compare Rand's work with them though.

im just saying that Rand touches a nerve on liberals/"progressives"/statists, and i doubt you can deny that claim.
>>
>>7562250
>whats your criticism of me saying "the message is"?

i didn't criticize it. it's fine to think that way. it's just a middle-school understanding of literature.

>people here like Plato's Republic and Sun Tzu's Art of War bc they were ancient classics

jfc dude get a grip
>>
>>7562234
Rand has much more in common with today's progressives than conservatives.
>>
>>7562152
How has nobody written like a full-length parody of this book? You'd think it would have happened by now, and you can attack it from sooo many angles.
>>
>>7562152
My favourite part is when the spic climbs the tower and shoots the workers.
The one chapter lenght speech by Galt is overkill though.
>>
Memes and /pol/ aside...no it's not. I actually used the pages of the fountainhead as a starter for my fireplace.

>nb4 edge
>>
>>7562152
The Fountainhead is more engaging, but Atlas Shrugged seems to better solidify the ideas.
>>
It would be if it were shorter, but I suggest spending your time on better books. If you're interested in Rand, I think The Fountainhead is a better book.
>>
The Fountainhead is by far the better read.
>>
>>7562227
It's like 800 pages.
>>
>>7562256
>things have to be ambiguous to be sophisticated
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.