[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

Any good?
>>
I didn't know the first volume of Hitler's famous book was called Karl Ove Knausgaard. That's interesting, OP.
>>
>>7562024
Nice meme answer.
>>
Really good. At least, the first two are. Haven't read the rest yet.
>>
>>7561996

I wish I could age like him. The man is a total stud.
>>
>>7561996
He's certainly no Proust.
>>
>>7561996
yes.
>>
>>7561996

It makes me roll my eyes whenever anyone tries to write about death as a topic. What the fuck is some dipshit novelist gonna say about death that hasn't already been said since the beginning of time?

And I don't care what it means to him personally. Unless he's really funny and charming and can make me enjoy a ride through ball-numbingly familiar territory. And from the outside, he sure as hell doesn't look like a funny and charming guy.
>>
>>7563040
So, when was the cutoff point for writers writing about death? Tolstoy? Shakespeare? The Bible?
>>
>>7563040
there's maybe five pages about death in Min Kamp. the very beginning. which is quite skippable. this is a very poor reason to dislike the book
>>
>>7563120
Even though the guy you are replying to is a retard that's not really true. His father's death looms over the whole first half of the book.
>>
Knausgaard said that the first thing men think about when they see a woman for the first time is how it would feel to fuck her. Was he right?
>>
>>7563181
Well, everybody's constantly doing automatic mate-suitability evaluations of each other, so he's right.
>>
>>7563110

It's instant death (how appropriate) for any writer that wants to 'explore' the topic. What can anyone possibly say about it? We all have equal understanding of the phenomenon.
>>
>>7563254
We do? I understand death as much as any philosopher or writer who ever lived did?
>>
>>7563333

Yes.

Glad I could answer that one for you.
>>
>>7561996
Yes, very. He's got a way of capturing the mundane and making it not boring. A real honesty without irony or pretension coming through to the reader, ensuing in many a feel.
>>
I don't see why he's supposed to be all masculine when he uses hair product.
>>
fad lit
>>
>>7561996
It was boring at times
>>
He is the most attractive author that I have ever seen.
>>
>>7561996
Is that the new Foo Fighters single?
>>
>>7561996
You know how lit calls certain books memes? Well this faggot's books are actual memes.
>>
>>7564193
But here on /lit/ some memes are actually worthwhile, if you go beyond the shitposting.
>>
Do you guys think he purposely called it "My Struggle" to gain attention because of the similarity to Adolf's book?
>>
>>7563120
That's the best part of the entire book though and certainly not unoriginal in any way.
>>
>>7561996
Good but i'm very conflicted if it's "worth it" to read the entirety of it. How many writers have you gifted with 3k pages of your time? How many of them would you say are superior to Karl Ove, and why is he the exception, thus?
>>
>>7564787
Dude just read it until you want to stop.
>>
>>7562024
hail lmao
>>
>>7564787
How many hours have you spent on /lit/ on 4chan on this thread alone? I understand that you probably don't want to waste your parents money on this meme of a book, but hell just shoplift it (a gentleman's crime) and figure it out or don't. you're probably just attracted to the guy, homo.
>>
>>7564809
I have already bought it and i'm currently enjoying part 2, I don't know what let your implication fantasies run wild on me but oh well, feel free.
>>
>>7564827
what do you like about it?
>>
>>7564827
actually you're currently on 4chan, a site for CP and traps...your thread makes me nauseous. Also hello Karl Ove you sly fucker
>>
>>7564839
He constantly drops interesting things here and there - thoughts, really fitting descriptions, moments of humble sincerity - that makes it worthwile to trudge trough the pleasant but a bit unremarkable rest of the pages
>>
>>7564853
that describes a lot of writers T b H
>>
>>7564859
Does it? I guess there's nothing really "original" in the novel, in the sense of Finnegan's-Wake-original.
It's the autobiography of a middle aged norwegian intellectual. Is it written well enough to justify the 3k pages read? I'd say yes, arguably yes.
>>
>>7563566
He is supposed to be masculine? How? Thats not something he is trying to.

>>7563040
He is a funny guy, i dont know about charming. But there are parts that made me laugh out loudHe goes over his childhood experiences talking about all the stupid things he did as a kid and a youth and his thoughts and so on. Its funny, other times cringe inducing, its honest, its very relatable.

I think if you are really /lit/ you will enjoy him a lot. He talks a lot about the literature he reads and other authors and his struggle trying to make it as an author.
>>
overrated norwegian writer. Read Ole Robert Sunde instead, he's much better.
>>
How does it compare to In search of lost time? Hes often mentioned to be the new Proust..?
>>
>>7563566
he isn't "supposed" to be masculine, one of his concerns is with masculinity and the feminization of modern men. I am on book 2, and he traces feminization to progressivism, equality, Americanization, etc., forces which he describes as accelerating the meaninglessness of contemporary life.
>>
>>7564407
No, it was a coincidence and he wasn't aware of the existence of Hitler when he wrote the book.
>>
Knausgaard: There. It's finished. 3,600 pages. My masterpiece. Min Kamp.
Knausgaard's friend: Min Kamp? Like Hitler's book?
Knausgaard: *googles "Hitler"* ah fuck
>>
>>7563181
I remember the media here in Norway got their tits in a vice from that statement. Especially the radfems.
>>
I really wonder how the English translation for this book is as a native Norwegian speaker who has read the book.

In Norwegian the book is quite underwhelming.
>>
Good is rather subjective. Personally I'm on book 4 and a bit addicted to the writing. Hard to quite put my finger on what it is, there's nothing wildly original or anything but it's just immensely enjoyable to read.

>>7563457

Pretty much this I guess. There's just a real sense of honesty, at times quite brutal honesty that feels refreshing. I can understand that people would find it boring but I'm genuinely loving it. Have probably enjoyed book 3 the most so far, he's able to evoke a sense of childhood that's just lovely. His ability to describe the Norwegian landscape is brilliant as well.

Think it just comes down to him being a good writer, the way in which he's able to turn the mundane into something genuinely compelling to read. Bit of a muddled post but I would say it's definitely worth at least reading book 1, if you don't get on with it then just stop. It does start to get a bit less grim from book 2 onwards.
>>
>>7563181

In my experience that's very accurate, unless she's elderly or otherwise very disfigured. It doesn't mean fucking her is your prime objective whenever you interact with her, though. I'm sure women have a similar kind of process going on in the back of their minds as well, but since, evolutionarily speaking, they're more involved and made vulnerable in the subject of reproduction, a partner's basic sex appeal wouldn't be the only thing they evaluate I assume.
>>
>>7566966
All of a sudden there's a Norwegian version?
>>
File: 1437056525726.jpg (184KB, 1268x1608px) Image search: [Google]
1437056525726.jpg
184KB, 1268x1608px
>>7563181
>Knausgaard said that the first thing men think about when they see a woman for the first time is how it would feel to fuck her. Was he right?
that is true for most men, since most men seek validation of their existence as a response from what they conceive as the reality, validation which is the most intense through taking women, after women have accepted them to be satisfied by them, and nowadays making women explicitly wet.
these men are devoted to women. of course, most women snub most men, since women live for pleasures, being hedonistic-histrionics/egotistic but not narcissistic, which excludes, most of the time, what they consider poor or ugly men.
higher men are narcissistic without being egotistic, but the woman takes this narcissism as her egotism, which thus draws her to these men, for each woman knows that her best lovers are not the puny devoted men, but precisely are her fantasy of men like her, but not like her either !, which means just as egotistic as her, without being narcissistic. the problem of the woman is that men cannot be egotistic without being narcissistic (only the woman is this).
the problem of women is that narcissistic men are not egotistic so that they take the woman for what she is, to wit, pure (external) entertainment.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.