[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Incredibly depressing books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (47KB, 361x606px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 361x606px
pic highly related
>>
Lolita is not depressing, not for us, voyagers of the internets, we on here, 44chan, ae able to withstand the ultimate of tests, anybook, anymovie, anything of naykind can be but fotter for uor ultimare undrstanding. think we mean infinite jest, think we mean big fish, think we mean jams joyce, think we mean grabity rainbow, think again, we mean it all, we are 4chan we do not forgive, toe do now forget, expect us
>>
>>7561071
I spat out my beer all over my screen
>>
Is this the only book you people read around here?
>>
>>7561060

It's garbage. I made a thread calling it garbage yesterday but mods removed it and gave me a warning. Fucking pedo's.
>>
>>7561082

It's our way to remind normies that this is not a theme park. Real mass murderers, degenerates and all around monsters lurk this board.

No one wants advice, no one want to be saved. And if normies still hold some faith on their beliefs, they should flee this place. Or It will corrupt their soul.

Every time this type of thread gets posted and people encourage violence, it might happen, if they don't do enough to stop it, it might happen. And if they do nothing at all, it might keep happening.

There's nothing but damnation on this board. And posters in this thread are one smart ass post away from hell.

As far as me, I'm one of the monsters. So I'm damned already.
>>
>>7561119
> implying preteen lust is not the most powerful force in the universe
>>
>>7561120
You sound like a big guy
>>
>>7561158
for me
>>
>>7561120
>lol okay you black knight
>>
Personally, I found Disgrace by JM Coetzee and A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry both provide immensely saddening experiences.
>>
>>7561119
You are in 4chan dude.
>>
>>7561224
>provide immensely saddening experiences.
You sound absolutely insufferable
>>
>>7561224
Disgrace is the shit. neckbeards who attempt to justify their behavior with ">muh we are all just space monkeys on a rock anyway" should pay close attention, an illuminating read about /lit/-esque pseudery.
>>
>>7561060
I've never felt more depressed by a novel then when reading Quieten's section in The Sound and The Fury
>>
>>7561119
lolita is an anti-pedo book, you imbecile
>>
File: 12395 (1).jpg (59KB, 318x468px) Image search: [Google]
12395 (1).jpg
59KB, 318x468px
>>7561060

The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow
to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much
too long, where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around, those projects that come to nothing, those attempts to escape from crushing necessity, which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable, that every night will find you down and out, crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows. And maybe it’s treacherous old age coming on, threatening the worst. Not much music left inside us for life to dance to. Our youth has gone to the ends of the earth to die in the silence of the truth. And where, I ask you, can a man escape to, when he hasn’t enough madness left inside him? The truth is an endless death agony. The truth is death. You have to choose: death or lies. I’ve never been able to kill myself
>>
File: drink and write.png (19KB, 620x527px) Image search: [Google]
drink and write.png
19KB, 620x527px
>>
File: 50798.jpg (45KB, 298x475px) Image search: [Google]
50798.jpg
45KB, 298x475px
Too relatable.
>>
>>7561060
>literally intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humour: the protagonist
>>
File: 91Qp9%2Bgj-ZL.jpg (584KB, 1533x2291px) Image search: [Google]
91Qp9%2Bgj-ZL.jpg
584KB, 1533x2291px
>>7561060
The Temporary Supervisor is the most depressing horror story I have ever read, but the whole book is a masterwork in post-industrial nihilism.

>>7561105
This, you fuckers need to branch out.

>>7562480
This also is killself worthy.
>>
>>7562502
>This also is killself worthy.

It's the most depressing book I've read lmao, no need to be an elitist. Maybe I just don't have the same sophisticated levels of depression as you?
>>
>>7562511
Im agreeing with you, I think Jude should have killed himself halfway through. I cant believe he lasted as long as he did.
>>
>>7561060

A Little Life
>>
>>7562511
>>7562515
Reminds me, love in the time of cholera. That guy was more pathetic than Jude, at least Jude tried.
>>
>>7562519
Im reading that two books from now. Ive heard it makes you want to stick your head in an oven.
>>
File: image.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>7561071
>jams joyce
>>
>Stoner
>Infinite Jest
>Hamlet
>Kokoro
>The Setting Sun
>Notes from Underground
>Oblivion
>No Longer Human

Also, the Schopenhauer essays about suffering and suicide.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 304x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 304x500px
>>
>>7561119
I was confused when that got deleted.
I'll still fight you irl
>>
File: hunchback of notre dame book.jpg (51KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
hunchback of notre dame book.jpg
51KB, 375x500px
I think this was supposed to be a homage to greek tragedies, but still.
>>
Notes From the Underground
>>
Book of Disquiet.
>>
>>7561105
>you people
What do you mean, YOU PEOPLE
>>
>>7561119
link desu
>>
>>7561744
Nabokov compared the pedophile stigma to the homosexual and african-american stigmas.
>>
>>7564406

Those who are not invaders from imgur.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.