[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lit/, what's the nicest (or most memorable) thing a stranger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (42KB, 1013x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 1013x240px
/lit/, what's the nicest (or most memorable) thing a stranger said about your writing?
>>
"Reminds me of Bret Easton Ellis but more wordy"
>>
File: 2016-01-08_21.15.49.png (9KB, 1514x113px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-08_21.15.49.png
9KB, 1514x113px
>>7561016
>>
>it's shit
>>
>>7561054
You saved that? Crikey that's pathetic.
>>
"kek"
>>
>>7561016
I'm almost threw up when reading it, but I didn't.
>>
"yes, I'll publish it."
>>
>>7561099

Post link, faggot.
>>
>Kolsti Nguyen is probably the greatest literary mind of the century
>>
>>7561016
>That wasn't awful.
>>
>>7561016
thats the most pathetic samefagging i've ever seen, OP
>>
>>7561016
"Good"
Or
"You have talent you just have to harness it better"
>>
>>7561016

Someone on lit said that I wrote the best poem he had ever seen, and asked me permission to save it and pass it around to friends. Kek it isn't even the best poem I wrote that month but oh well
>>
>>7561016
Not a stranger, but my Prof. called my writing "Proustian." I don't know what that means, really, as I haven't read Proust yet.
>>
>>7561297
you spend a lot of time describing inane shit.
>>
>>7561297
Mine did that often, meant it as an insult...
>>
File: I can't.png (226KB, 379x395px) Image search: [Google]
I can't.png
226KB, 379x395px
My stuff reminded him of Stephen King.
>>
Someone here once said "you write well."
:3

Kind of neat because I was posting from my phone and it was something about my college experience, not even something creative.
>>
one of harold bloom's fav poets said my poems were a great pleasure to read.
>>
I once wrote something and some Anon responded, "P-Pynchon?"
>>
>>7561016
It's obvious, isn't it?

Everyone told me I should write a book.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 861x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 861x640px
My father told me that when I write a book I should mention his name at the start, and then he told me how proud he was.
>>
>>7561365
=========SPOILER=========
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjeCNnbVYAQ
===========LINES==========
>>
>>7561140
You're just jelly
>>
"I want you to read to me sometime now."
>>
>>7561016
Do mothers count?

Not mine but my ex-gfs mom once said - "You should write. You have to write, anon. You must write. It seems to me like it's in your nature to write and realize your destiny in words."

She's being nice of course and English wasn't her first language but i never forgot that. Felt good.

>tfw miss my ex's mum more than her. Shit stinks to high heaven.
>>
i keep all the praise i get in a text file
>>
>>7561016
The nicest thing is when someone posts or requests a greentext that I wrote.
>>
>>7561016
It's... uhh... special.
>>
>>7562312
Damn. Good praise.
>>
>>7561325
Well...stephen king is filthy rich. Do you care more about your art, or having piles and piles of money?
>>
>>7561016
"This literally runs from awkward to brilliant, do you mind if I use it too teach my next class"
>>
Saved / archived
>>
My prison pen pal says my stories are good and he shares them around the block.
>>
My dad has always said I'm a good writer and encouraged me to write which is odd because he's only read some of my school papers and my stuff for when I wrote for my college newspaper.

Anyway, thanks dad.
>>
>tfw I've been published and received accolades, and I still get way more out of coming back from the shitter to see a ton of replies to my post on 4chan
>tfw something you write becomes copypasta
>tfw that warm feeling when you write something and there's a very nuanced little joke in it and you browse reviews/discussions of it one day and see someone who completely got it

Some of the worst though:
>write something holistically with a specific point in mind
>people focus on the one paragraph where it references some hipster shit they want to brag about understanding
>your writing only gets talked about because people use it as an opportunity to go "Ah, yes, [reference] in [your writing], indeed I get that reference."
>>
>>7561340
How do you talk to dead people?
>>
>>7562551
(Boston accent) with a heater and some serious smelling salts, lmao
>>
>>7562528
Thomas, please don't post here, instead you should write a good book, which you haven't done since the 70s
>>
>>7562517
Our next book should be "conversations between various prisoners" and explore the similarities between people who acted out until they were put in jail and people who repress themselves into the mental jail that is internet escapism addiction
>>
File: raep.jpg (89KB, 502x727px) Image search: [Google]
raep.jpg
89KB, 502x727px
>>7562555
you're crazy, man
I liek you but you're crazy
>>
When I was seventeen Dennis Cooper found my blogspot and told me that one of my stories was "a truly beautiful thing".
>>
>Actually pretty funny

it was a comedy though
>>
>>7562580
I can't believe >implying actually died out.
We used to >implying every other post at least.
There were whole >implying threads.
>>
>>7563589
>implying that was a good thing
>>
>>7563589
/pol/ still does it, only they just greentext and imply the "implying"

which is just proof it was a worthless meme that deserved to die
>>
I've never shown anyone any of my serious work but i took the piss out of Virginia Woolf one time to a literary friend and they thought it was a legit thing so i guess that.
>>
>>7563651
>being a meme darwinist
>>
>begins sucking my cock

Words were not enough, fags
>>
>>7562565
Kek
>>
>>7561016
>"I like it, but I don't think it's right for the magazine."
Probably the only positive thing any editor has said about anything I've written.
>>
>>7565537
Rejected from ideologylit XD
>>
"it's fucking terrible, kill yourself retard" you don't want to hear the bad stuff
>>
>>7565543
Nope, it wasn't a /lit/-affiliated mag.
>>
File: 1443063477343.png (806KB, 680x917px) Image search: [Google]
1443063477343.png
806KB, 680x917px
>>7563671
SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST, JACK
>>
In terms of rejection letters, it's a definite toss up between:

"Unfortunately, we will not be able to publish your recent submission/s, however, we wish you luck etc."
"It is with regret that we must inform you that we will not be publishing your recent submission/s. Please try again in the next quarter issue"

It's so hard to choose.
>>
>>7561016

On a short story, one of my teachers whom I admired the most from creative writing classes gave me an A+ and wrote beneath it: "I don't understand any of this but I'm sure it's good"
>>
>>7565609

>actually getting the rejection letters

You lucky bastard
>>
File: 01.png (12KB, 753x233px) Image search: [Google]
01.png
12KB, 753x233px
>>7562551
https://youtu.be/YWi0AMyniYc?t=1h7m58s
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.