[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it correct to say that in order for the Nietzschean Ubermensch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: niet.jpg (79KB, 398x700px) Image search: [Google]
niet.jpg
79KB, 398x700px
Is it correct to say that in order for the Nietzschean Ubermensch to obtain moral autonomy 'beyond good and evil' he should live his life as if his existence was a work of art?
>>
>...and that's when I realized I was finally beyond good and evil.

FRIEDRICH YOU FUCKING HACK
>>
>>7559600
stfu noob, übermeansch is a spook
>>
Nietzschean Ubermenschen are invariably sociopaths. If you have any sense of morality or empathy, you can't be "beyond" good and evil. I know I'm not, and I'm not ashamed to say so.
>>
>>7559604
>>7559612
>>7559615
Nice posts :^)

I was asking purely in terms of Nietzsche's intended message, without regard to its merit
>>
Not exactly. That's more along the lines of his Birth of Tragedy thinking. He had grown out of it by Zarathustra.
>The dream—and diction—of a God, did the world then seem to me; coloured vapours before the eyes of a divinely dissatisfied one.
>Good and evil, and joy and woe, and I and thou—coloured vapours did they seem to me before creative eyes. The creator wished to look away from himself,—thereupon he created the world.
>Intoxicating joy is it for the sufferer to look away from his suffering and forget himself. Intoxicating joy and self-forgetting, did the world once seem to me.
>This world, the eternally imperfect, an eternal contradiction's image and imperfect image—an intoxicating joy to its imperfect creator:—thus did the world once seem to me.
>Thus, once on a time, did I also cast my fancy beyond man, like all backworldsmen. Beyond man, forsooth?
>Ah, ye brethren, that God whom I created was human work and human madness, like all the Gods!

Greek tragedy is still an example of the Dionysian affirmation of suffering, though.
>>
>>7559702
So what exactly is there to the Ubermensch besides the rejection of slave morality? Is that it?
>>
>>7559722
You should just read him. It's not as hard as everyone says and it's really fun.

The will to power is basically just the urge to destroy and create, because that's what the world is: a constant state of change, destroying and creating. That's Nietzsche's proposed meaning of life, as opposed to previous thinkers, who's meaning of life a bunch of things that are "beyond this world," but Nietzsche loved the world and knew that it was all there was, so his meaning of life was what the world gave us.

The ubermensch is the full potential of what he later calls the will to power. His opposite is the last man is a nihilist who would rather binge-watch netflix and is amazingly common.

In a lot of ways, Nietzsche is being the opposite of christianity. The alternative to heaven that he proposes is the eternal recurrence - terrifying to a last man, exciting for an ubermensch.
>>
No, it is not. But then again, Nietzschean thought has space for pretty much anything if you stretch it wide enough. Living "beyond" the good and evil does not mean transforming our reality into something like the realm of art, where values and morals only exist as an "element of design", quoting Wilde - Purposed to aesthetically please us in what is essentially a form of advanced hedonism.
That way of living is a far better description of the Nietzschean "last man" than it is of the Ubermensch; The last man is, deeply, a nihilist. All values, and the concept of a value, are rejected by him, leading him to a life revolved around sensations and pleasure.
The Ubermensch, according to Nietzsche, overcomes nihilism. While living beyond "good and evil" - The way of thought western society's moral values are built upon, and indeed rejecting all previous values, moral ones included, the Ubermensch evaluates reality by himself: creating new values, fighting for them and evolving them. This creation of values is based on living true to your one, strongest will - the will to power. The Ubermensch does not live to experience, or for any aesthetic reason, he lives to chase Nietzschen power, his values must be the expression of what he believes to be powerful, and that could take him to great heights. This way, the problems in the concept of a value which lead to its rejection are overcomed.

I hope this is not too much of a mess.
>>
>>7559600
Sounds pretty spooky tbqh
>>
>>7559600
Nietzsche was a nihilist meaning you can live your life however you please.
>>
>>7559827
>>7559820
Also, this guy has it right. The Ubermensch's ideas are forever changing - created, tested, destroyed and created again .
>>
>>7559820
"The alternative to heaven that he proposes is the eternal recurrence - terrifying to a last man, exciting for an ubermensch."

This is what i have felt my whole life, not the need for an afterlife, but the need for a life where i could focus on architecture, followed by one where i could dance, or when where i could become president.
>>
>>7559838
Freddy thought that nihilism was a plague wtf are you talking abt
>>
>>7559856
Eternal recurrence does not mean you get to make different decisions though.
>>
>>7559600
Hey not really completely related to the thread but I was hoping for a Sartre or a Nietzsche thread. First Sartre believes that humans are doomed to be free but he's also a Marxist which is an authoritarian type of political view. Why would be Marxist if he believed that humans have free will? I don't get it. Also Nietzsche believes that humans don't have free will except when they're ubermenschen which usually only happens when they are deeply depressed. Why would he be far right if he doesn't believe that humans want to be free and for the most part can't be free?
>>
>>7559600
no

that's how a wagnerian would think
>>
>>7559927
>but he's also a Marxist which is an authoritarian type of political view. Why would be Marxist if he believed that humans have free will? I don't get it.

hmm, seems as though you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. try reading a book next time, before posting. thanks.
>>
>>7559965
Wanna explain?
>>
>>7559927

Read Existensialism is a Humanism. Then come back
>>
>>7560020
There we are now you're being helpful. I read being and nothingness and could've sworn the guy was like Ron Paul after reading it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.