[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've gotten Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2148.jpg (279KB, 1068x712px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2148.jpg
279KB, 1068x712px
So I've gotten Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman a while back at the suggestion of someone, and I'm on chapter 4 right now (image related) And its really getting difficult to stay in into it, The book is supposed to be about how thinking processes work an the types they are separated into, but even this early into it there is so much just wild swinging around.

When a book tells you to read two words, then goes onto a paragraph explaining your reaction and thought process and manages to get every single thing wrong, its really hard to believe there's anything worth reading further on.

Has anyone else read it? Does it get better or am I better off just saving my time and going to something else?
>>
I speedread your post in under 4 seconds.

Yes I saged
>>
>>7558595
>I speedread your post in under 4 seconds.
No you didn't.
>>
OP, when will people realize behavioral economics is a crock of shit? he brought something new to the table but its straight up psych bullshit, no real econ insight. he should have devoted his efforts on providing a more rigorous treatment of economics as a branch of applied math, imho.
>>
>>7558685
I don't know man, I just wanted to read something different for a change, didn't really expect a book devoted to speculating about the reader at every turn, and half the shit feels like armchair psychology to boot.
>>
>reading pop sci

that's where you fucked up
>>
>>7559359
Well now I know. The book isn't worth the paper its printed on, and the fucking author is a bigger pretentious pseudo-intellectual than fedora wearing SJW redditors.
>>
>>7558591
Econ major here. I had to read it at some point in undergrad. That book is a pile of rubbish.
>>
>>7559493
>the fucking author is a bigger pretentious pseudo-intellectual than fedora wearing SJW redditors.

easy does it there big fella
>>
>>7559512
>>7559504
Wasn't there like one point in the book where he claimed 4+1=6 and anyone that believes its 5 is incapable of logical thinking?
>>
wow /lit/ is retarded with anything science related. stick to pynchon
>>
>>7559539
>wow /lit/ is retarded with anything science related.
Care to elaborate? Are you even able to?
>>
>>7558591

Daniel Kahneman is shit, don't even bother reading him. lol.
>>
>>7560172
Well shit, I know that now. At least I learned four chapters in and didn't have to read the whole fucking thing.
>>
>>7558685
this must be a complicated troll right

>>7558591
it's pretty good. it's a pop science book so it walks through ideas slowly, occasionally producing kinda cringe-worthy stuff like the paragraph you photographed. but give it some time to introduce the ideas, by the middle chapters there's some pretty insightful stuff.
>>
lol all of the Continentalk fags getting russelled by a real thinker. Go back to reading your Baudrillard or what ever pseudo intellectual drivel you fags read.
>>
>>7558591
>>7559504
Econ major here as well. I read the whole book then almost immediately forgot everything it said.
>>
>>7560462
>Well shit, I know that now. At least I learned four chapters in and didn't have to read the whole fucking thing.

How about you read the goddamn book and make your own opinions! What the fuck else you gonna be doing that you can't sacrifice a week to read a goddamn book.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.