[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

write whats on your mind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

File: 1436661189314.png (568KB, 599x602px) Image search: [Google]
1436661189314.png
568KB, 599x602px
write whats on your mind
>>
File: 1433174807483.png (959KB, 810x543px) Image search: [Google]
1433174807483.png
959KB, 810x543px
>>7555407
>Trying to find and download John Meacham's American Lion because I'm really into american history as of late
>Read Washington:A Life and a bunch of TR books
>People recommended American Lion
>Can't find it anywhere, pdf or epub

Only torrent I've found has 0 seeders.

This hurts more than it should.
>>
>>7555418
>as of late

Stopped reading there
>>
i'm tired of doing the work i'm supposed to do instead of the work i want to do

more girls should sit on my face
>>
>>7555424
>there
stopped reading there
>>
I have a terrible migraine and can't focus enough to read even though I want to. Plus, /lit/ has been irritating me. Might just watch a movie or something.
>>
life a facking pile pof absurd
>>
File: 1421333795253.jpg (79KB, 403x498px) Image search: [Google]
1421333795253.jpg
79KB, 403x498px
Waiting for agents to get back to me. I'm upset that there doesn't seem to be a list of literary fiction agents, though. It's all shit.
>>
I'm going to cut myself off from the Internet and vidya for a while so I can actually write more of the novel I've planned.

Hopefully, I'll have the willpower to see it through the end.
>>
why do you care
>>
>>7555713
good luck. dedicate it to /lit/ if it turns out good.
>>
>>7555726
Thanks, but knowing my luck the likely scenario is that /lit/ would tear the shit out of it.
>>
Im hungry, i should go get sushi
>>
Is she into me or not? For fuck's sake ignoring me half the time and being super nice the other half is frustating.
>>
File: is rtu.png (7KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
is rtu.png
7KB, 120x120px
>>7555407
>I should get a job
>I should get new friends
>I don't know how to make new friends
>I should buy a camera and get into photography
>I should read more
>What is art even
>tfw I will never be an artist
>fuck the whole internet
>I need to pee
>>
>>7555959
do you even know how to flirt
>>
At first I thought it was funny that I posted here, but the amount of available amusement has gone down precipitously. I don't know why I'm still here. I guess I have this compulsion to be around people and to express myself around people, but I also need distance. Somehow I'm just terrified of the potentialities of others. I'm finally starting to realize some important stuff about myself though and that's good, though it's occurring in a weird way. I seem to be healthier now that I'm unhealthy.
>>
File: Photo on 8-17-15 at 11.26 AM.jpg (247KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 8-17-15 at 11.26 AM.jpg
247KB, 1080x720px
I'm high as hell. I don't read as much as I used to but I am making more money than I used to. I am surprisingly tolerating working in a retail job (le edgy millenial.) /lit/ is youngfag--Ive been here over 5 years and haven't gained much from it aside from the occasional premium philosophical or metaphysical discussion. Good form of communication for young, neurotic males, majority white but many asians, hispanics, and a few 'bougie'-type blacks. The world is in chaos right now. The global financial markets are losing right now. What a time---to be alive; Drake.
>>
File: Hamatsa_shaman2.jpg (796KB, 1116x1462px) Image search: [Google]
Hamatsa_shaman2.jpg
796KB, 1116x1462px
Well right now I'm pretty content so I'mma give you some thoughts from an hour or two ago:

I see people clapping at things the live their lives against. Be it in either humility or ambition, the Common Man falls (obviously) in the middle of the spectrum; yet they rejoice seeing people being successful with either of those. While this awakes some resentment in me (their vicarious hypocrisy I mean), I know they couldn't be anything else. Am I then, as an artist, supposed to be some sort of medic? Medicine ought to be taken only occasionally. Am I then not in constant rapture by living inside words? Must I be as a mad man, babbling all the time, to scare those others? I am still very alone then; and I only wanted to talk to people, which is why I picked words as a passion. To be alone is to be open to mockery, spite, envy, rejection. But without the laughter there is no Way, and it's also nature that makes the frog carry the scorpion.

Boring, aren't I?
>>
>>7555407

i'm going to shoot myself because there's no point to anything
>>
>>7556318

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>7556318
There's no point in shooting yourself either.
>>
>>7555407
<OP

< muh muh mind
>>
I created the OP image almost as an afterthought; now, I think that it will survive long after anything else I ever create.

"I find the thought that it might outlive me to be almost painful."
>>
Shouldn't have majored in stem. Only figured out I'm into books and shit after I fucking graduated. Now I find out there's no chemistry jobs and I wouldn't take them even if there were cause I'd end up killing myself.
Fugg.
>>
>>7556577
Write about chemistry and stuff.
>>
You know your life is in shambles when jury duty is presents a happy prospect. The worse of the world judging the worst of the world, a "jury of one's peers". I wonder the true distance between culprit's seat and my own. Is it a matter of will and stupidity, or boredom only?
>>
I'd bet her willies would moist if I showed her my agenda.
>>
>>7556577
I graduated with Com, ended up doing graphic design, now I work at a law firm helping the disabled.

Life is weird man, follow your passions, regrets should not be things to dwell on, unless you are writing a book.
>>
>>7555407
Goat eyes up close look pretty fucking terrifying.
>>
i went on a date and have no idea if it went well

fml
>>
Will I see her again? Will my feelings, or hers, change? Am I really that much of a fucking pussy? Will she forget me? I need to shave my balls. Maybe I can fuck the side chick, but I am not sure yet. If she pussies out on me again it is the last time I waste my time on her.
>>
SO MUCH INFORMATION ALL FOR MYSELF WHERE DO I EVEN START
>>
>>7557751
start with the greeks!
>>
A-am I unbanned yet?
>>
Me rascan los huevos
>>
>>7559306
I think you might be shadow banned, I can't see this post.
>>
i'm going to lay down in bed and read a book.
>>
>>7557751
Start by learning and interpreting ancient cave drawings. Come back after a few months and I will advise you on your next step.
>>
I fucking hate tripfags
>>
She's probably fucking that lesbians bassist right now, and there's nothing I can do about it.
>>
>>7559306
whats up with this post? how do they get it blank like that?
>>
>>7561635
*Lesbian
>>
>>7555407
i've been doing a lot of reading on culture and your respective culture effects you as an individual and how it'll effect your life. I'm currently writing a research paper on the subject for fun. I'd post it now but i'm drunk and also if I have the same idea when I sober up i'll be making it into a video essay.

I apologize for any fuck ups in advance , whether I'm on the wrong board/i'm boring/ any grammar issues as i'm not sober haha.
>>
>>7555407
I finished the short story yesterday, I deserve to masturbate to some raunchy stuff on /gif/ and play a third game of Dota 2. It's become hard to distinguish my thoughts from the whispers of the Devil; it's probably best to start praying again.
>>
My son died. I am a 22 year old guy. And my little boy left before me. I didn't even find out he was mine until after. His mother died 5 years ago. He lived in an orphanage. I'd always wanted to adopt him. But I took too long to get my shit together. Now what do I do? I don't want to go anywhere from here. I just want to go back.
>>
I'm pretty mad that when I finally decided to play as a girl in a pnp game, the GM vetoed my anime character art.
>>
>>7561868
L I T H U A N I A
>>
>>7556318
>shooting yourself
>not finding a cave in southern france and live out the rest of your days as an enlightened hermit.
I wish I hated it all enough to finally just leave
>>
>>7559306
I always wonder if they know or not. Maybe it would have been the best post in this thread. Maybe it was cancer. We'll never know.
>>
Sitting in the dark, popping muscle relaxants and listening to vaporwave
I can feel my agency melting and it feels good
>tfw no absinthe
>tfw no laudanum
>tfw no tuberculosis

I wish to be the beautiful girl
>>
File: rust.jpg (22KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
rust.jpg
22KB, 460x276px
Its pointless to study others philosophies if one is incapable of putting the required thinking into forming your own conclussions.

One should think to become, not become what others think.

Only way to advance in the philosophy field is to analyze, reanalyze, reinvent and then compare.

A solid base formed by your own thoughts will bring more joys and answers than a base formed by reading and memorising the writings of X famous guy.

Feels good to get it out.
>>
>>7561968
If you can't recognize the value of outside perspectives to your own thinking you're dumb
>>
>>7561972

And if you can't recognize that I am actually putting a lot of value what others think then you need to re read it.

I never said they didnt had any value. In fact, they are part of thinking process.

Diving into them first hand without being able to analyze, think and form your own ideas, is, in my humble opinion (like it or not), terrible.

The merits of comparing your own thoughts and results with the results of others brings a greater perspective than a dry mind that fills itself with the ideas of others.
>>
File: drink and write.png (19KB, 620x527px) Image search: [Google]
drink and write.png
19KB, 620x527px
>>
>>7556318
What's the point of shooting yourself?

If you want to leave everything just go travel the world, especially if you have little to no money.
>>
>>7556318
das it, mane
>>
going to school again. it has been 4 years...
need to take a shower, dry my hair..
before all that i need to fap one more time
>>
sobriety is shit, days are long, there's not enough books and movies for all the hours in the day.
>>
I'm a filmmaker. Been visiting /lit/ lately because the average moviegoer is a complete moron and I wanted to pursue something more intellectual. Though I'm slowly realizing that I'm not smart enough to write anything legitimate (not sure about certain grammar rules and punctuation usage).

In short: the modern movie landscape is dumb. But I'm too dumb for /lit/.
>>
>>7562537
Just keep reading books, m8
>>
>>7562505
>days are long

I envy you. I haven't experienced a long day since I was around 12 years old sitting in class waiting to be dismissed. For me there are too many books and movies and not enough time.

I suppose I'm lucky because I prefer sobriety, though.
>>
Sadly I have to go out tonight
Never went to a karaoke. Gonna limit myself to two beers. I hope people there are really cool. I might know 1/9 of them.
Society sees my mixed traits as extremely ugly and are unconfortable around me. I can't even fake I'm rich anymore. My degree is useless in life and I have to study. My soul will be gone by the time I graduate.
Everything is going to be ok. I feel bad that exercising misoginy makes me feel better.
>>
>>7562537
Check Hong sang-soo's Right Now Wrong Then.
I didn't like much but it's what an contemporary art house film looks like. I hope this helps.
>>
>>7561591
What's the next step? I'm not sure you'll still be here. I intend to be an archaeologist and cave paintings are interesting.
>>
File: 1452234956476.jpg (236KB, 540x760px) Image search: [Google]
1452234956476.jpg
236KB, 540x760px
My fucking English Lit teacher did a poor fucking job so I'm trying to undo her work as it

might help with the depression but holy fuck identifying tropes and metaphors and piecing

them together is difficult as fuck and the only writer's works I can relate to emotionaly so

far are Palahniuk's and I've got a copy of Bloom's greatest poetry and that's another level

entirely by the way I tried reading Wilde and I hate the cunt; his prose is overly delicate and it

celebrates an artificial naturalism and when reading him all that comes across is the bitter emotional anger

that he invites as a reaction to work infested with contradictions fuck Oscar Wilde.
>>
I once knew a Man from Nantucket.
>>
I keep coming back to the image of St. Martha's dragon. She presented a crucifix to it and threw holy water on it, and it came to heel "like a lamb". Then, with its newly purified consciousness, she took it into town where the townspeople promptly beat it to death. Dragons are lonely creatures. They're monsters in the sense Kierkegaard meant, through no fault of their own. It's no wonder they're associated with the devil.

Human free will is tempered by necessity. From this arises internal conflict and hence all the facts of man's psychic life. The Jungian insight, that man performs magic through these conflicts, reveals the contrast of the dragon's untempered and unrestrained will, which is brought to bear entirely organically. The dragon is a spookless creature, a creature incapable of slave morality. The dragon is perfectly free.

But the absence of constraints also means the absence of commonality. If immortality consists in the fact that there are all those spiritual qualities which live in men and not in any single man, then it is man that is immortal and not the dragon, which perishes forever upon death regardless of its vitality in life. Godlessness is an inherent part of freedom. I conclude that the freedom of a dragon comes at the cost of eternity. And yet, is not the price of something a reflection of its worth?
>>
is computer programming boring i wanna learn a skill that'll get me tha benjamins
>>
>>7556158
This doesn't seem terribly abnormal. Are you insecure about your own potential though? The best way to combat that I think is to surround yourself with people you think to be most like yourself. I think I can relate to how you feel , if I'm interpreting you correctly.

I'm currently preoccupied with where I'm going to go with my life. I guess this is normal for any 22 yr old graduate but with temporary summer seasonal positions looming I'm faced with the decision of taking the short term and easy way out or make a committed choice towards a career. Thinking about this is on my mind almost hourly. Its not crippling by any means but certainly a source of anxiety.
>>
>>7562710

That sucks, I'm sorry you're in a stressful position.

I kind of avoided the particulars in my post. I had a psychotic break recently and it led to a variety of personal insights, but I also couldn't find an outlet for my experiences and the stress they caused so I shitposted on numerous boards including this one. That's what I meant when I said I thought it was funny that I posted here originally.

But I've grown a lot recently, maybe. I bought new clothing for the first time in four years for instance. Anyway, hope all goes well for you.
>>
>>75557>>7555701
As shitty as your fiction?
>>
Shit he drove off and fucking died
>>
i was recently reminded that i'm not capable of romantic love, my only reasons to be with people are masturbatory in nature and only think of others as predicates to myself

sounds worse than it is
>>
i had a glimpse of something that felt like the movies. now im tired. i don't even know if im depressed or what am i what am i what am i.
>>
Synecdoche, New York (2008)

An explicit and solitary progenesis to new wave Hollywood cinema.

See: post-industrial consumption, Netflix, Adorno, modes of consumption, brand development (Star Wars and Disney's failure*: Star Trek), Tarkovsky.

*See also: Jurassic World
>>
>>7555959
She's making up her mind. She knows you like her but isn't sure if she likes you. Don't be careful with your words, because you'll lose the name of action, which is more harmful than offending her, but be attractive: smile, stand up straight, dress well.
>>
Why the fuck am I not reading? I'm gonna read.
>>
Even in my dreams I fail.
>>
>>7561941
>lol
>>
>>7555701
fuck your post freaked me out until i realized you meant literary agents
>>
>>7555764
you mispelled "talent"
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.